Why can't the public school powers that be get this one through their thick skulls?

theguru

excellent question since the enrollment at Moore has gone up every year. We have had close to 300 in each of the last two freshmen classes. Moore will stay open forever. JCPS is taking pride in it being one of the only true community 6-12th grade schools.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. As one person pointed out earlier, there is a limit on how much taxes can be raised in one year without it going to the public on a vote.

I do have a question. With Title IX, how was it balanced in with the girls sports when alumni raised money to put the synthetic surfaces down at Highlands and other schools? Any idea?

Sorry LBC. But there are taxes that get passed everyday in most counties that never get voted upon by the public. Most don't even make it to a referendum. It happens all the time. I know, I've paid many a special assesment taxes in Oldham County when I held property there.

Manual is not a inner city school in the sense that a Central is. Manual picks and chooses students. Manual and Male are what many in Louisville consider a Public-Private school.

And they better watch out. Because Manual and Male are the next victum of the KHSAA Battle Axe.

It won't stop with the private schools. As long as there are programs who win all the time KHSAA will have victums to go after.

Watch out Male and Manual your days are numbered.

I say leave it alone and let the private schools do what they are doing and let the public schools pull players out of their area or other counties. Let me rephrase that. Pull student athletes from other school districts. That would solve everyones problems. Everyone is afraid to admit the true reason why there is problem. Unless you face the truth. Its class and money. You know darn well if you could afford it or where given the chance you will give your son or daughter the opportunity to play on a better team or school as far academics and athletics. Quit crying and let everyone get this chance.

How about if the public/county-city schools start sending letters inviting perspective students to attend their school/open house? Basically recruiting students from other counties/cities. Would red flags go up? Is that/would that be legal? My county school currently has a limited "open enrollment" policy. I do not believe any coach or academic area (ie-Technology ROTC)actively recruites potential students from outside our district/middle schools. Is that cutting our own throat? I know some of our private schools kids recieve letters inviting them to open houses in Louisville.

Should/Could we do that right now? Some sure can? How about the public schools?