The truth over the Private Debate.

BigStud

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just something to think about..

There is a battle amongst T/X here with the catholic school kids. What some people don't get...is a kid that went to a catholic grade school in the Louisville area usually is going to go to a catholic high school..so NO public school ever had a chance with these kids in the first place. I will use my own family as an example...My Dad & uncles went to X. My Mom & aunts to Sacred Heart. We grew up near Trinity so all went there...had it not been open or we lived closer to X we would have gone there. My sister's went to Sacred Heart. The only reason you didn't go to catholic high school usually was a financial reason. This was true for 90% of EVERY family I knew in the catholic community from many different schools.

At the same time, and believe me when I say that I come down on the private school side of this issue, we have classes for a REASON. Teams need to fight in their own weight class, and right now the individual weight classes are up to 120, 131-150, 151-170, and 171 and up.

The "171" teams are getting the bejeezus kicked out of them.

I agree classes are very important - in boxing, football and other areas of life in order to make things "fairer". It IS NOT, however a public/private debate but one of size. Maybe some realignment there IS warranted, but the thread subject here was AGAIN about privates. When classes are decided, there is always going to be someone at the very top and someone at the very bottom. It just seems, and was the reason for my post, that the very bottoms do not want to realize "them's the breaks" but they would rather gripe about fairness, or lack of it.

I'll say it again, if this passes just have Male's name permanently engraved on the 4A trophy.

How long then before the whining starts over public school with open enrollment?

AHEM. :irked: :fight:

Manual and Trinity the past few years:

37-36

14-18

34-38

Total:

85-92

No, we're not competitve at all, are we.

There is a battle amongst T/X here with the catholic school kids. What some people don't get...is a kid that went to a catholic grade school in the Louisville area usually is going to go to a catholic high school..so NO public school ever had a chance with these kids in the first place. I will use my own family as an example...My Dad & uncles went to X. My Mom & aunts to Sacred Heart. We grew up near Trinity so all went there...had it not been open or we lived closer to X we would have gone there. My sister's went to Sacred Heart. The only reason you didn't go to catholic high school usually was a financial reason. This was true for 90% of EVERY family I knew in the catholic community from many different schools.

It used to be that they had no chance... I know more than a few kids from Catholic grade schools that have gone to Manual

AHEM. :irked: :fight:

Manual and Trinity the past few years:

37-36

14-18

34-38

Total:

85-92

No, we're not competitve at all, are we.

And what have your results been in the playoffs in that period?

How many times have you beaten Male?

I stand by my statement.

And what have your results been in the playoffs in that period?

How many times have you beaten Male?

I stand by my statement.

Should have beaten Male last year... :cry:

Male Manual past two years (we haven't played this year)

26-32

23-24

I say that we aren't in the exclusive club that the Big III is, but we aren't that far behind, and it would be preposterous to say that Manual would never win it all with T and X taken out of the picture. We're competitive.

Should have beaten Male last year... :cry:

Male Manual past two years (we haven't played this year)

26-32

23-24

I say that we aren't in the exclusive club that the Big III is, but we aren't that far behind, and it would be preposterous to say that Manual would never win it all with T and X taken out of the picture. We're competitive.

Not to be mean, because I really admire Manual as a school and the progress being made athletically there....but woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't help your case! :lol:

Not to be mean, because I really admire Manual as a school and the progress being made athletically there....but woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't help your case! :lol:

My point is that we've played the top schools in the state close, and one a few, since 2001. We're not the red headed step child like we used to be, and it's not really realistic to claim that if you take X and T out of the playoffs that Male would never fail to be the 4A champions.

I think what bothers me is that most of the schools who will vote for this aren't even affected by T or X. We are 2 Catholic high schools in Jefferson County, who for the most part don't play the other 119 counties, except a few 4A in the playoffs. We then usually end up playing the other 4A from our own district because the other publics can't beat any of the schools from Jefferson in some years.

Maybe the schools that want this can start their own league, with equal playing time, and not keeping score. I bet they love to get us in basketball, and no one complains about that.

Give us a solution that everyone can agree on, don't just throw us out.

If you do seperate, there aren't enough private football schools to play unless you put all classes together. One post said 5a. Not a bad idea. Leave the small private schools where they are and the big private put in 5a. But there is still not enough of those to have a 5a class. I don't know the answer.

I have heard that many of the parochial schools in Louisville get a fair amount of students from the Oldham County middle schools.