The truth over the Private Debate.

BigStud

I'm tired of this argument. Sorry for the new topic. But I think the truth needs to be told how most people who come from private schools feel.

I'm not going to Politicaly Correct and most people who know me, know I am not. I'm calling out every Public School AD who will vote for this. I think they are all yellow, chicken, scared, cowards, whatever word you can come across in your handy thesaursus fits here. There is no excuse for this whole proposal except for the fact these public school AD's are afraid to play certain private schools in athletic competion.

Quit crying, quit complaning, and win. Bottom line win. I hope if this passes you feel good lieing at home sleeping at night knowing you won a meaningless title. While the best teams or competition are playing teams from other states.

Cowards!

Sorry if this offends anyone. Its not meant to. Its meant to show why this whole debate even exists.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand why the public schools are frustrated by the daunting prospect of having to compete with Trinity and St. Xavier on a yearly basis, but I don't establishing a separate division is the proper solution.

I understand to, fear. :fight:

The problem isn't X and T per se. It's the disperate size between the bigger schools and the smaller non-power schools within the same class. X and T have no business playing Iroquois. Don't tell me about the best AAA and A schools being able to compete at the top of 4A, because if they had to do it in the same class for the same state title year to year, I think some of them would drop off as their luster as a school to go to because you can be part of a great athletic program would fade. And there you have the desperation of an Iroquois. But there's no workable solution, because the state doesn't have enough schools for 5A.

Really, I'm tempted to say that the only thing that will end the talk is the creation of at least a super class, becuase the teams that feel that they can be competitive with the top are obviously not the ones pushing this.

As much as some would hope so, total equality in life will never exist. The roads on one part of the county are going to get more attention, and the malls in another are going to be nicer. I am never going to look like a movie star, nor are my children going to be 6'8" and be in the NBA. I think this whole mentality starts with the "trophy just for participation" trophies we give out at T-ball so everyone feels good, as well as countless other things we adults as a society have done to "protect" our kids, when in actuality it has hurt them in the game of life. There is always going to be someone richer, better looking, smarter, more athletic etc than you. That builds character and makes one concentrate on the things they are good at..maybe art, maybe being a compassionate friend, etc. It is not always the thing you want that you get.

The problem isn't X and T per se. It's the disperate size between the bigger schools and the smaller non-power schools within the same class. X and T have no business playing Iroquois. Don't tell me about the best AAA and A schools being able to compete at the top of 4A, because if they had to do it in the same class for the same state title year to year, I think some of them would drop off as their luster as a school to go to because you can be part of a great athletic program would fade. And there you have the desperation of an Iroquois. But there's no workable solution, because the state doesn't have enough schools for 5A.

Really, I'm tempted to say that the only thing that will end the talk is the creation of at least a super class, becuase the teams that feel that they can be competitive with the top are obviously not the ones pushing this.

I don't think it's X and T at all. Wrong county.

As much as some would hope so, total equality in life will never exist. The roads on one part of the county are going to get more attention, and the malls in another are going to be nicer. I am never going to look like a movie star, nor are my children going to be 6'8" and be in the NBA. I think this whole mentality starts with the "trophy just for participation" trophies we give out at T-ball so everyone feels good, as well as countless other things we adults as a society have done to "protect" our kids, when in actuality it has hurt them in the game of life. There is always going to be someone richer, better looking, smarter, more athletic etc than you. That builds character and makes one concentrate on the things they are good at..maybe art, maybe being a compassionate friend, etc. It is not always the thing you want that you get.

:thumb:

This may need to be moved to another thread...if so feel free to move it. The private school debate really doesn't affect eastern KY that much...not too many private schools here...unless you count Piarist.

The biggest problem plaguing this area is still recruiting but it is happening on the elementary and middle school level. It may be happening in other parts of the state as well but it is pretty bad here. I have seen coaches corner players after an elementary game asking them what it would take for them to come play at another school. I have seen athletes transfer in mid-season to play for another school. Everyone is trying to get around the transfer rule so they keep moving to younger kids to begin their recruiting. I am not sure what the solution is...applying the rule to Middle School Students might help some...but something really needs to be done.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Having separate divisions will make it like the WWE.

Heavyweight Champ on Raw

Heavyweight Champ on Smackdown

Intercontinental Champ

U.S Champ

T.V Champ

Hardcore Champ

U.S Tag Team Titles

Heavyweight Tag Team Titles

My goodness do I need to go on.

Bottom Line we will be just like the BCS. Which will be BS. Nobody will know who the real champ is.

We used to live in TN and this was a much larger issue down there. Mainly among the small schools. TN has gone to separate divsions for private and public. However, private can still play in public leagues if they do not give out any financial aid. Work study is acceptable, but no scholarships, even "academic." The larger private schools went to the private school league and are free to recruit and give athelitic scholarships.

Bottom line, in TN you could look at the state champions for the 1A and 2A schools and 75% were private schools. 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in football were private schools. These private schools were getting kids from all over a large city (like Nashville) and were competing against county schools.

Whatever the inequity, it existed and the public schools didn't like it, but they dealt with it. A school may only beat that private school every 10 years or so when the numbers are in their favor, but I would much rather savor that sweet victory every ten years than beat up on the public schools all the time.

I can't see KY going to a private school division. There are just not enough schools.

We used to live in TN and this was a much larger issue down there. Mainly among the small schools. TN has gone to separate divsions for private and public. However, private can still play in public leagues if they do not give out any financial aid. Work study is acceptable, but no scholarships, even "academic." The larger private schools went to the private school league and are free to recruit and give athelitic scholarships.

Bottom line, in TN you could look at the state champions for the 1A and 2A schools and 75% were private schools. 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in football were private schools. These private schools were getting kids from all over a large city (like Nashville) and were competing against county schools.

Whatever the inequity, it existed and the public schools didn't like it, but they dealt with it. A school may only beat that private school every 10 years or so when the numbers are in their favor, but I would much rather savor that sweet victory every ten years than beat up on the public schools all the time.

I can't see KY going to a private school division. There are just not enough schools.

Alot of private schools in KY are of the Catholic School nature. Not giving financial aid is not an option. They have no choice diocease would not allow that. So not many of the private schools would be able use that same exemption.

At the same time, and believe me when I say that I come down on the private school side of this issue, we have classes for a REASON. Teams need to fight in their own weight class, and right now the individual weight classes are up to 120, 131-150, 151-170, and 171 and up.

The "171" teams are getting the bejeezus kicked out of them.