Bengals 23 Lions 13

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Chris Henry got hurt this passing offense definitely has been out of sync. We basically only have one good receiver in Chad, Carson has missed some passes, and the Bengals have an offensive coordinator who really is not creative with pass routes. its been the same for the last 9 years with him.

I know the Bengals are winning and that is all that matters. However I am not a fan of how we run this offense. Palmer still is and can be one of the top QB's in the NFL. However the one difference is when you look at the top QB's in the NFL, their offense are pass first, run second. A quarterback has more success when they get a chance to get in a rhythm. The way we do things, Palmer really is not going to get in a chance to get in a rhythm. I think with as good as our defense is, that we can afford to open this offense up more. Even if we do have a quick three and out we have a defense now that can make up for it. The offense has to get its passing game going better, because they will need it in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl. Just hopefully we have been holding it back some the last few weeks, and we will see them do better next week since the big games are coming back up.

I have no problem with us being a run first offense. I do think we need to open it up more, but we have no serious down field threat and no tight end threat. It is a roster issue at this point.

If they dont win the North it is there own fault.

All Bengal fans deserve to have some fun after what they have went through since 1990.

You do realize the Bengals won the division in 2005 right. So its not like its been to long since we won the division.

Marvin is now 7-0 in his career against the NFC North.

It will be real big if he can make it 8 and 0 after this next game against the NFC North. It was against the Vikings that started this 7 and 0 run for him, so hopefully it will be against the Vikings that makes it 8 and 0.

44 carries only 119 yards rushing for the Bengals. That's 2.7 a carry. Not all that great and Carson didn't look good against one of the worst passing D's in the league. Why do we even sign LJ if we are going to give it to Ced his first game back from an injury 36 freaking times. Keep wearing him down like this and he isn't going to have any gas in the playoffs.

Now with all that said nice to take care of business and not make me sit through the whole game. :D

The passing game is still very inconsistent but the OLine is mauling the DL in the running game. Minny coming off a bad loss doesn't bode well.

44 carries only 119 yards rushing for the Bengals. That's 2.7 a carry. Not all that great and Carson didn't look good against one of the worst passing D's in the league. Why do we even sign LJ if we are going to give it to Ced his first game back from an injury 36 freaking times. Keep wearing him down like this and he isn't going to have any gas in the playoffs.

Now with all that said nice to take care of business and not make me sit through the whole game. :D

You are correct there is no reason for Benson to get all those carries now that we signed LJ. At most Benson should be around 20 to 25 carries a game, anything more than that should go to LJ IMO.

Interesting quote from Palmer in this post game conference.

Q: Do you think the new “run first” offense is hurting the passing game, and do you feel like you’re lacking some sync?

Definitely. When you’re a ‘run first’ team, that’s your mentality. It’s a little hard to get in sync when you’re used to throwing the ball all of the time, but we still need to execute in the passing game. We are what we are. If a team tries to make us throw the ball, we might change a little bit, but we’re still going to be a ‘run first’ team up front.” Bengals.com

It really does make sense though for why it just seems like we can't get in any good rhythm on offense. The three games this year the Bengals really came out passing first, the Bengals and Palmer looked real sharp throwing the ball since they were able to get in a rhythm. You really could look at all the top QB's in the league and all their offenses are pass first offenses, so they are more likely to get in a rhythm. It also don't help when the Bengals basically only have one good receiver in Chad. They definitely need to sign Chris Henry back, and honestly with their first pick in the draft should probably think about drafting a receiver with the last pick of the first round. :D

Interesting quote from Palmer in this post game conference.

Q: Do you think the new “run first” offense is hurting the passing game, and do you feel like you’re lacking some sync?

Definitely. When you’re a ‘run first’ team, that’s your mentality. It’s a little hard to get in sync when you’re used to throwing the ball all of the time, but we still need to execute in the passing game. We are what we are. If a team tries to make us throw the ball, we might change a little bit, but we’re still going to be a ‘run first’ team up front.” Bengals.com

It really does make sense though for why it just seems like we can't get in any good rhythm on offense. The three games this year the Bengals really came out passing first, the Bengals and Palmer looked real sharp throwing the ball since they were able to get in a rhythm. You really could look at all the top QB's in the league and all their offenses are pass first offenses, so they are more likely to get in a rhythm. It also don't help when the Bengals basically only have one good receiver in Chad. They definitely need to sign Chris Henry back, and honestly with their first pick in the draft should probably think about drafting a receiver with the last pick of the first round. :D

I was thinking Safety but outside of Eric Barry, Earl Thomas, and Taylor Mays I'm not so sure it's worth spending a first round pick for. I feel as if maybe the receiving class this year isn't up to par. I don't see many chances for many superstars besides Dez Bryant.