November 13, 200916 yr Alabama Larry's thread in P&R got me thinking. Let's say you just won the lottery and you take the cash option which gives you $50 million after tax. Now what are you going to do? And PLEASE no answers like "I wouldn't change at all" or "I would invest it and spend the earnings". It's ok to invest 25 or 30 mil, but the rest you have to blow. Things I'd do: 1. Buy JimShue a new car (although his is pretty darned dependable). 2. Buy Adopted Admiral a solid gold turntable with an abundant supply of diamond tipped syluses. 3. Write a check to Guru for $10,000 to pay for all the BGP reinstatements I'd need after my nonstop BGP tirades. 4. Buy Rockmom a McDonald's franchise so she would quit moaning and groaning about everybody else's. 5. Buy a ski chalet in Summit County Colorado and either the Swiss or French Alps. 6. Buy Clyde a date with Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter (at the same time of course). more to come later.
November 13, 200916 yr I would finish college, not because I need it, but beacuse it is fun, with a major in who the heck cares. I would buy buy a Ferrari F430. See picture below for details. I would invest about 20 million in stocks. Build my parents a new house, and also build myself one. As a person though, I do not think my personality would change.
November 13, 200916 yr #1: I'd quit my job. No more sweating it every few months wondering if I'm going to make it through the next round of layoffs. I'd buy the wife a loaded Sienna, and then buy me a double cab 4x4 Tundra. I'd pay off the parents' place and buy each of them a new ride, along with a few million so they didn't have to work anymore. I'd get each of my sisters their own place and a new ride. I'd also help out the rest of my family that needed it. I'd be tempted to pay off my house, but then I won't have the write-off at the end of the year. I highly doubt that I'd move as we have great neighbors. I'd buy some investment properties to keep me busy. I've always wanted to invest in some rental properties and flip houses, but I've never had the means to do so.
November 13, 200916 yr Buy a huge house 5 cars and throw a crazy crazy party. Then do it all over the next day. I'd give each family in my immediate family the same amount and let them do with it as they please. Donate some to BBHS to build a new gym and/or football field.
November 13, 200916 yr 50 Million? I guess I'd: -Have to grab at least a few cars. Maybe a Ferrari, some kind of SUV, and maybe a Phantom for when I got to look professional. -Season tickets, with a beach house in Miami. Heck, I'd just move to Miami. -Make it "rain" at least a few times. -Finish school and pay off loans. I could live on the money I'd win, I'd probably blow it so I'd need something to fall back on. -Heck, since I'm feeling generous, with my 50 Million imaginary dollars, I guess I could buy BGP an add at half-time of the Super Bowl.
November 13, 200916 yr 50 Million? I guess I'd: -Have to grab at least a few cars. Maybe a Ferrari, some kind of SUV, and maybe a Phantom for when I got to look professional. -Season tickets, with a beach house in Miami. Heck, I'd just move to Miami. -Make it "rain" at least a few times. -Finish school and pay off loans. I could live on the money I'd win, I'd probably blow it so I'd need something to fall back on. -Heck, since I'm feeling generous, with my 50 Million imaginary dollars, I guess I could buy BGP an add at half-time of the Super Bowl. Good man.
November 13, 200916 yr Give all my children an equal amount. Buy a couple of nice vehicles. Take care of my Mom. Buy a nice place in Seattle or Portland can't decide which. Probably open up a sports bar or restaraunt.
November 13, 200916 yr Give money to my Parish , give some To NCC , pay off some bills give some to Brighton Center , enjoy life .
November 13, 200916 yr If I won I'd call all the ladies who dumped me in the past. Then we would visit our church leaders. Get hold of some BGPs buddies. I'd also drive down for some Bama games.
November 13, 200916 yr Buy something like the Madden cruiser and just go from ball game to ball game with several of my buddies.
November 13, 200916 yr 6. Buy Clyde a date with Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter (at the same time of course). more to come later. Just give me fair warning. I'd need time to slow down my brain with Ms Palin. I'd also need time to buy some barley and apples for Coulter. I do appreciate you thinking of me. I'm touched.
November 13, 200916 yr Alabama Larry's thread in P&R got me thinking. Let's say you just won the lottery and you take the cash option which gives you $50 million after tax. Now what are you going to do? And PLEASE no answers like "I wouldn't change at all" or "I would invest it and spend the earnings". It's ok to invest 25 or 30 mil, but the rest you have to blow. Things I'd do: 1. Buy JimShue a new car (although his is pretty darned dependable). 2. Buy Adopted Admiral a solid gold turntable with an abundant supply of diamond tipped syluses. 3. Write a check to Guru for $10,000 to pay for all the BGP reinstatements I'd need after my nonstop BGP tirades. 4. Buy Rockmom a McDonald's franchise so she would quit moaning and groaning about everybody else's. 5. Buy a ski chalet in Summit County Colorado and either the Swiss or French Alps. 6. Buy Clyde a date with Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter (at the same time of course). more to come later. TTC, I'd have to say I'm touched. My baby's been a great car, but with 184K miles on it, it would indeed be nice to have a backup plan. I'm not sure what I'd do with it. But part of it would be to gather up friends such as you and AA and others for some cross-country trekking to concerts and sporting events. I can have a very good time living like a rock star for a while.
November 13, 200916 yr Build my grandparents a new house, give my parents a lot so they don't have to work, pay off all my debt, buy some new rides, live the good life and definitely call every girl who screwed me over and let them know
November 13, 200916 yr I like the Superbowl commercial for BGP, except I'd create my own with me and my friends and advertise how much of buddies we are.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.