Strange happenings continue at the apartment

Aiden Seamus

I doubt it. I really don't have any friends that know where I live in Richmond. Not saying I don't have friends here, they just don't know where I live. Most of them live in Lexington and have never been to my place. Dang Lexington people always want you to come up there.

LOL well if I knew you felt that way about it, we could have done it differently!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL well if I knew you felt that way about it, we could have done it differently!

Haha, it's not just you. Pretty much everyone in Lexington does it, can't blame anyone too much. There's not much going on in Richmond unless you want to go to a bar.

I never thought about calling the cops, strangely enough, but MrsFF is right. I'd call them AND then tell the landlord. If he has something to do with it, it will almost certainly stop when you tell him that the cops have been notified.

I'm pretty sure it's not the landlord. Luckily, we have a pretty easy-going landlord and I know what kind of vehicle he drives. That vehicle has not been around during any of these instances.

I'm pretty sure it's not the landlord. Luckily, we have a pretty easy-going landlord and I know what kind of vehicle he drives. That vehicle has not been around during any of these instances.

If you want to rule the Landlord out, change your locks without telling him. If someone stil gets in, they are way too professional, get the CCDW license and a gun!!!!!!

Why not leave the door unlocked and stand behind it with a gun or baseball bat? Bet that would cut that stuff short.

This would be number one on my list of ways to handle this. Word of warning, though.

Have someone take a photo, also, as the door opens.

(Maybe you can even borrow that camera we tracked Cal's door with earlier in the spring!):lol:

I also agree with sidelinedoc. Number 2 would be to change my locks WITHOUT notifying anyone but my wife. If the landlord comes and complains about their key not working, you may be on to something there.

(Also, there would be no reason that security would be coming around the complex checking doors for any reason, would there? Something like that could explain the door jiggle at the same time every time. This is like a Scooby Doo Mystery right here on BGP! )

I appreciate the advice you all are giving me, but there's a couple problems I would have in carrying them out.

If I were to change the locks without notifying anyone, I would for sure get a phone call. Once a month, the landlord and pest control come by to spray all of the apartments. It's usually on the first Wednesday of the month, but most of the time, I am at work when they show up. So that is the only instance when anyone would be coming in. I can't say they come unannounced because everyone knows they come to do this, but I am not always able to be home during this time.

Also, when it comes to sitting in the car outside of the apartment: this wouldn't do me much good. My apartment is on the bottom floor and it is half underground with a breezeway in front. No matter where I parked, I would not be able to get a clear view of my door. I am considering something like this:

http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/h12186?utm_source=Google%2BProduct%2BSearch&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=Google%2BProduct%2BSearch&src=g

That way I could view who was outside...problem is, it wouldn't be hard to cover up the lens on something like that.

Also, I believe in all this mess I forgot to mention the very first odd occurrence that happened. It was about 5 months after I first moved in when my wallet went missing. It's very possible that I dropped it somewhere outside, but I thought I had brought it in. The next morning I couldn't find my wallet and immediately called to close all of the cards. Luckily, there was no cash in it and there were no fraudulent transactions.

AS, I understand that you think that your landlord is a good guy that you can trust. In the past couple of months I have been completely blown away by someone that I had known for YEARS and a secret life that he led. You CAN'T really trust the landlord. If the locks have been changed, including a deadbolt and you and he are the only one that has the keys, he's the #1 suspect. Go to the police department to let them know all that is going on. You might need it for the future. THEN tell your landlord that you did. If the same thing keeps happening, then he's probably not involved. If it stops, it MIGHT have been him.

AS, I understand that you think that your landlord is a good guy that you can trust. In the past couple of months I have been completely blown away by someone that I had known for YEARS and a secret life that he led. You CAN'T really trust the landlord. If the locks have been changed, including a deadbolt and you and he are the only one that has the keys, he's the #1 suspect. Go to the police department to let them know all that is going on. You might need it for the future. THEN tell your landlord that you did. If the same thing keeps happening, then he's probably not involved. If it stops, it MIGHT have been him.

It's half and half with me. The incidents where I came back and found lights on, door unlocked would make him the most likely suspect but I'm not sure that's the case with the person coming to the door and trying to come in, finding it's locked and then going away.

If he wanted in, he has a key, so why not just use that? I'm also not sure what to think about nothing being taken. They only thing that has ever disappeared was my wallet about 2 years ago, and it's very likely that I dropped that somewhere outside that day. Maybe if someone was just coming in looking for wallets/cash? :confused:

But my apartment is ripe for the picking. MacBook laptop, a couple expensive guitars, expensive amplifier and speaker cabinets, TVs, etc. Why, if someone was breaking in, would they not take any of these items?

Seriously...it's either someone trying to get into your house to steal or do something bad or it's someone (from the past) trying to return to his/her place of residence. Either way.....I'd be out of there until it's figured out:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

perhaps it's this person trying to get in

madison_skeleton_000.jpg

It doesn't sound like you want to find out who this is lol. I would be at the landlords door and on the phone with the cops immediately. Especially with all those items you have in your place. I wouldn't be taking my time with this. Camera or not I would notify the police and landlord.

This could be a little far fetched as well, however it has happened before. Could this person that 'might have' come in possibly taken something that you didnt notice? Meaning, there are freaks out there that have done nothing but take womens underwear and things of this nature. Stupid little things that are not blatantly evident?!