Wisdom Teeth

halfback20

He's not, he just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

I wasn't sure if he was or not, but his location says to trust him, that he is one...so I did!

So those holiday inns work?:lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had mine taken out about 8 years ago. I had the procedure done at 8:30 in the morning and the first thing I remember afterwards is watching the 6:00 local news! It didn't hurt too bad though. More of a nuisance than anything for about 2 days.

You may have seasonal allergy crud too. And no, you don't have to have post nasal drip or runny nose to have sinusitis.

You know, I have what I call "phantom" sinus infections pretty often. What I mean is, no runny nose, no visible congestion--just a killer eyeball headache and tooth pain. I always know if I can feel the tops of my eyes inside their sockets, then I have sinus pressure.

I think I am going to have to get my wisdom teeth removed. I have been putting it off, thinking I might not but one has grown in and it is not straight. It's not really pushing my other teeth (or I can't tell if it is) but it's not straight. It doesn't prevent me from opening or closing my mouth all the way though.

Regardless, I'm afraid the others might grow in and hurt my other teeth so I think as soon as I can I am going to try and get them removed.

My question is, how bad is it? Is it any worse if one or two are fully or partially grown in?

Also, how common is dry socket? I've heard horror stories and that scares me the most.

I had mine removed 12 days after getting my knee scoped back in '96. It wasn't all that bad after the 1st day.

Dry socket is the worse. Do not drink out of a straw for at least a week.

I rarely drink out of a straw anyways. And I don't smoke.

Is there anything else I shouldn't do, in order to prevent dry socket?

Spindoc, how common is dry socket?

Your thinking into the dry socket way too much. You have a MUCH better chance of getting an infection than dry socket. I had 4 impacted ones pulled a few years ago and one got infected, it hurt but they gave me a wash and an antibiotic. The biggest issue I had was the excessive bleeding, I swallowed so much blood I kept puking after. If your having all 4 out, your done for a good 2-3 days, if your getting 2 out your still done for at least a day probably 2. It hurts and anyone who says it doesn't is lieing but its tolerable.