Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys Rankings 1/6

Featured Replies

Yeah, but I've seen that look before ... :lol:

We can feel it, even when we can't see it.:D

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cases could be made for Mason County, Franklin County, Warren Central and Paducah Tilghman off the top of my head.

 

Warren Central 2 of three losses to higher ranked Christian County one out of state.

Mason County, won two tourneys, lost first game to Highlands then to Franklin County who has lost no in-state and only two close games 6 pt. and 1 pt. to New York teams in New York.

Paducah Tilghman 3 losses, one to Lex. Catholic and two in Illinois to Illinois teams.

 

Thanks,But we(Mason County) prefer to stay just where we are unranked.We like for teams not to look at us as a top 20 team and maybe think they have an easy win.:thumb:

I would rate Corbin above Shelby Valley and Eastern.

 

Eastern is a great team and are quite possibly a top 5 team in the state and I believe are atleast a top 10 team. They are very good! Corbin has a good team as well, but Eastern maybe the best team in the entire L'ville area. I atleast believe they are in the top 2 in L'ville.

Are they the best in Louisville or second best? Just kidding with you.

I don't see the justification for Seneca or Hazard thus far.

 

Seneca has been very impressive, even in their losses. Just lost a four-pointer to Male...

 

I don't see how Hazard can be left out, as long as Manual is included. Hazard owns a 21 point win over Manual...

 

Anderson County really doesn't have a signature victory yet, like Hazard, but their game with Scott was close until the final couple of minutes, and they really gave away a win versus Jeffersontown when they inexplicably started shooting bricks at the FT line and lost by 2 points (5 of 15 for the game, which is uncharacteristic for the Bearcats).

 

This is the most reasonable-looking poll I've seen in a long time, but Eastern being below Ballard mystifies me, as the Eagles are undefeated and have already beaten Ballard in head-to-head. :confused:

This is the most reasonable-looking poll I've seen in a long time, but Eastern being below Ballard mystifies me, as the Eagles are undefeated and have already beaten Ballard in head-to-head. :confused:
As I pointed out earlier, the rankings were released before the Ballard-Eastern game.
Thanks,But we(Mason County) prefer to stay just where we are unranked.We like for teams not to look at us as a top 20 team and maybe think they have an easy win.:thumb:

 

No one has looked at Mason Co in the past decade(almost) ranked or unranked, and thought of them as an easy win

It's obvious and much the same every year, but just wanted to highlight the point. 6 of the top 10 teams are from the 7th and 11th. Take those teams out of the top ten and your left with Holmes, Elliott County, Christian County, and Shelby Valley. From an EC perspective hears hoping that 7-9-11 are in the bottom bracket and 16 is in the top bracket when those little balls pop out in 22 days from now. Just let the big boy's continue beating up on one another a little while longer!!!!:banana:

It's obvious and much the same every year, but just wanted to highlight the point. 6 of the top 10 teams are from the 7th and 11th. Take those teams out of the top ten and your left with Holmes, Elliott County, Christian County, and Shelby Valley. From an EC perspective hears hoping that 7-9-11 are in the bottom bracket and 16 is in the top bracket when those little balls pop out in 22 days from now. Just let the big boy's continue beating up on one another a little while longer!!!!:banana:

 

I agree with you. History is not kind to Ellliott County when it comes to playing top 20 teams since they have not beaten one in the past 2 years. It could be a one-and-done with a bad draw.

I agree with you. History is not kind to Ellliott County when it comes to playing top 20 teams since they have not beaten one in the past 2 years. It could be a one-and-done with a bad draw.

 

It could be one and done with any team except the one which wins it all.

It could be one and done with any team except the one which wins it all.

 

A good example would be Elliott County last year, they lost their first game to the eventual champions playing them closer than any other team.

Paducah Tilghman isn't a top-20 team. The other three, perhaps ... Warren Central's biggest question is a 10-point loss to Christian County when the Colonels were still missing several football players.

 

Mason's loss to Highlands doesn't look real good, and Franklin County's best win by far is over Mason. Both teams will have a chance to prove themselves soon.

I'll agree about the 10 point loss when CC was missing their football players. I just wonder if Christian County is just that good, given that they turned around and beat Central by 17 when they had the players. But nevertheless, I know I am fine with WC being out of the rankings, though I do get a swell of pride when I see their name up there.

I agree with the poll. Some people may sugguest Elliot Co. higher, but I feel they have been off their game lately.

A good example would be Elliott County last year, they lost their first game to the eventual champions playing them closer than any other team.
A month after losing to Mason County by 29 points ... I suspect that had something to do it. During the state tournament, at least one Mason player admitted that they had kind of overlooked Elliott.

I think after the top 6 or 7 teams, you could have a legitimate argument for team listed 7-20.

 

As far as the top 5, looks good to me. I don't think that will end up being what the final top 5 looks like heading in to the state tournament though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.