BGP Boys Rankings 1/6

Then I guess we would need to explain Anderson County. They lost on a nuetral site to the Bullitt East team Franklin County beat at their place.
Anderson also gave Scott County a little scare before fading late ... Franklin gets their chance at the Cardinals pretty soon.

In all honesty, ranking the state looks like a crapshoot from about 16 or 17 until about 25-30.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson also gave Scott County a little scare before fading late ... Franklin gets their chance at the Cardinals pretty soon.

In all honesty, ranking the state looks like a crapshoot from about 15-30.

Agreed. Just good seed for discussion.:thumb:

The members of the BGP staff (which is made up of coaches, media members, and high school basketball experts) vote on the rankings. After we vote on the rankings, we then debate the rankings and we all have to defend and justify our votes to each of the staff members before making a final determination on the order of the teams. In other words, you could say our rankings are part art and part science.

We believe the process of not only voting but defending the vote among other educated peers makes our rankings the most accurate rankings in Kentucky.

Sounds good. I have wondered for about 3 years now and decided that I was going to pop the question :thumb:

The members of the BGP staff (which is made up of coaches, media members, and high school basketball experts) vote on the rankings. After we vote on the rankings, we then debate the rankings and we all have to defend and justify our votes to each of the staff members before making a final determination on the order of the teams. In other words, you could say our rankings are part art and part science.

We believe the process of not only voting but defending the vote among other educated peers makes our rankings the most accurate rankings in Kentucky.

So the only computers churning are the ones between the ears!

I think I like that!

The members of the BGP staff (which is made up of coaches, media members, and [B]high school basketball experts[/b]) vote on the rankings. After we vote on the rankings, we then debate the rankings and we all have to defend and justify our votes to each of the staff members before making a final determination on the order of the teams. In other words, you could say our rankings are part art and part science.

Is the group from all area's of the state or from a certain region(like North, South,etc) or what?

Not sure why Eastern gets zero respect when compared to Ballard. I don't understand how a 3 loss team outranks a undefeated team that they lost to head to head. You can use strength of schedule when you are comparing teams that haven't faced each other. Eastern 14-0 and a win over Ballard 8-4. Seems like Eastern gets very little respect. All you can do is beat the teams you play.

P.S. Eastern swept Ballard at all three levels!

Not sure why Eastern gets zero respect when compared to Ballard. I don't understand how a 3 loss team outranks a undefeated team that they lost to head to head. You can use strength of schedule when you are comparing teams that haven't faced each other. Eastern 14-0 and a win over Ballard 8-4. Seems like Eastern gets very little respect. All you can do is beat the teams you play.

I would expect history and reputation are the problems here!

No question Eastern is one of top two in 7th region at this point. Friday will be interesting!

The latest BGP rankings were sent out on Monday night and Tuesday morning, well before the Ballard-Eastern game.