BGP Boys Rankings 1/6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you replace them with?

Cases could be made for Mason County, Franklin County, Warren Central and Paducah Tilghman off the top of my head.

Warren Central 2 of three losses to higher ranked Christian County one out of state.

Mason County, won two tourneys, lost first game to Highlands then to Franklin County who has lost no in-state and only two close games 6 pt. and 1 pt. to New York teams in New York.

Paducah Tilghman 3 losses, one to Lex. Catholic and two in Illinois to Illinois teams.

Cases could be made for Mason County, Franklin County, Warren Central and Paducah Tilghman off the top of my head.

Warren Central 2 of three losses to higher ranked Christian County one out of state.

Mason County, won two tourneys, lost first game to Highlands then to Franklin County who has lost no in-state and only two close games 6 pt. and 1 pt. to New York teams in New York.

Paducah Tilghman 3 losses, one to Lex. Catholic and two in Illinois to Illinois teams.

Paducah Tilghman isn't a top-20 team. The other three, perhaps ... Warren Central's biggest question is a 10-point loss to Christian County when the Colonels were still missing several football players.

Mason's loss to Highlands doesn't look real good, and Franklin County's best win by far is over Mason. Both teams will have a chance to prove themselves soon.

From the standpoint of the 7th region teams, it looks fair. Should have a better feel after this Friday with Male-Manual, Jtown-Eastern and Trinity- Ballard.

From what we know so far:

Eastern and Jtown are for real!

Seneca is Scary! If they put it all together, they could beat anybody so I would not overlook them! They gave Holmes a good game a couple of weeks ago and they have a lot of kids new to the team this year that are still finding their spots in the rotation.

Manual will get back into the mix now that everybody's healthy.

Ballard is always solid.

Trinity is a bit of an unknown but they're 13-1 with only a loss to Clark by 4 and Sewell has been playing well.

LIT next week should be fun!

From the standpoint of the 7th region teams, it looks fair. Should have a better feel after this Friday with Male-Manual, Jtown-Eastern and Trinity- Ballard.

From what we know so far:

Eastern and Jtown are for real!

Seneca is Scary! If they put it all together, they could beat anybody so I would not overlook them! They gave Holmes a good game a couple of weeks ago and they have a lot of kids new to the team this year that are still finding their spots in the rotation.

Manual will get back into the mix now that everybody's healthy.

Ballard is always solid.

Trinity is a bit of an unknown but they're 13-1 with only a loss to Clark by 4 and Sewell has been playing well.

LIT next week should be fun!

7th Region = ACC

Paducah Tilghman isn't a top-20 team. The other three, perhaps ... Warren Central's biggest question is a 10-point loss to Christian County when the Colonels were still missing several football players.

Mason's loss to Highlands doesn't look real good, and Franklin County's best win by far is over Mason. Both teams will have a chance to prove themselves soon.

Then I guess we would need to explain Anderson County. They lost on a nuetral site to the Bullitt East team Franklin County beat at their place.

How are these rankings composed? I'm asking out of curiousity, not complaint. :thumb:

The members of the BGP staff (which is made up of coaches, media members, and high school basketball experts) vote on the rankings. After we vote on the rankings, we then debate the rankings and we all have to defend and justify our votes to each of the staff members before making a final determination on the order of the teams. In other words, you could say our rankings are part art and part science.

We believe the process of not only voting but defending the vote among other educated peers makes our rankings the most accurate rankings in Kentucky.