"With the 1st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select..."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be an absolutely horrible pick.

I think he must have picked it because he figured most people on here wants the Bengals to take a Ohio State player with the pick, thinking you all would just agree.

But yeah if they picked him that would be a horrible move.

I think he must have picked it because he figured most people on here wants the Bengals to take a Ohio State player with the pick, thinking you all would just agree.

But yeah if they picked him that would be a horrible move.

OSU has a history of producing secondary players in recent history. However, Laurenitis and Freeman will play in the NFL. Probably not for the Bengals though.

OSU has a history of producing secondary players in recent history. However, Laurenitis and Freeman will play in the NFL. Probably not for the Bengals though.

Not saying they won't play in the NFL just sayin that because it's the Bengals some people think they want to draft someone from Ohio State..and this year that isn't the case because he isn't the best player on the board.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, he isn't the best linebacker in the nation, let alone he isn't a lineman.

That would be an absolutely horrible pick.

#33 is among the best in the country, and he has been the past 3 seasons. Ohio State has been known to produces some very good linebackers, so how would this be a horrible pick?

. . . . . someone that won't have any meaningul impact on the outcome of their season.

How's that for pessimistic for you? I've already written off 2009, too. :irked:

Here is some optimism for you and other Bengal fans, maybe. The Rams are actually much worse than the Bengals. I think the Rams will get the first pick because I can't see them winning a game. The Bengals will steal a couple of wins before the season is out.

Of course, some might say losing the first pick in the draft is a Bengals loss as well.

#33 is among the best in the country, and he has been the past 3 seasons. Ohio State has been known to produces some very good linebackers, so how would this be a horrible pick?

Ohio State hasn't produced that great of linebackers. The best one in recent memory is probably Mike Vrabel, but wasn't he a DE at Ohio State?

Andy Katzenmoyer never really panned out. The word is still out on AJ Hawk & Carpenter.

#33 is a good linebacker - there is no doubt about that; however, the Bengals need more than linebackers. There are reasons why linebackers very rarely (if ever) go #1 in the draft. We took Rivers last year, so let's see what he can do.

The Bengals need to draft an offensive lineman or a defensive lineman. I've been hearing a lot about Cody from 'Bama. I know he's huge, and wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle of the Bengals' D-Line.

Ohio State hasn't produced that great of linebackers. The best one in recent memory is probably Mike Vrabel, but wasn't he a DE at Ohio State?

Andy Katzenmoyer never really panned out. The word is still out on AJ Hawk & Carpenter.

#33 is a good linebacker - there is no doubt about that; however, the Bengals need more than linebackers. There are reasons why linebackers very rarely (if ever) go #1 in the draft. We took Rivers last year, so let's see what he can do.

The Bengals need to draft an offensive lineman or a defensive lineman. I've been hearing a lot about Cody from 'Bama. I know he's huge, and wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle of the Bengals' D-Line.

And Vrabel was a DE at OSU. Na'il Diggs has been solid, but nothing spectacular. Steve Tovar, maybe?

Yeah, if my count was correct, OSU has the same number of NFL LBs as that other Linebacker U, NC State, and only one more than Maryland.