"With the 1st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select..."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're comparing him to Lewis? :lol: :lol:

C'mon, dude. Step away from the silver and red Kool-aid. Again, let's not get ahead of ourselves, and instead give Hawk a chance to prove himself over a few more seasons.

You're also conveniently leaving out the fact that Lewis compiled his stats in two fewer games. And by no means is Hawk a leader on the field the way Lewis is. Hawk is at best a fifth banana to KGB, Barnett, Woodson and Bigby.

Is Hawk the leader that Lewis is, well Lewis has played 13 years, Hawk has played 2.

He was second on the team last year who went 13-3 with 105 total tackels. He also had 121 total tackles his rookie year. Green Bay was known to have a great D last year which allowed Farve to be the gun slinger.

You can try to twist it any which way you want, but the truth is he is a very good linebacker in the NFL.

Edited by John Anthony

Is Hawk the leader that Lewis is, well Lewis has played 13 years, Hawk has played 2.

He was second on the team last year who went 13-3 with 105 total tackels. He also had 121 total tackles his rookie year. Green Bay was known to have a great D last year which allowed Farve to be the gun slinger.

You can try to twist it any which way you want, but the truth is he is a very good linebacker in the NFL.

You're the one who made the comparison. I just called you out on it. He's been solid so far, but he's still got a ways to go.

AJ Hawk is a solid linebacker. He's young & he knows the position well. As years go by, he'll continue to improve and will be a solid linebacker; however, he's not a top 5 pick.

And you're really stretching to compare him to Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis is a big hit away from never playing again at this point in his career. He hasn't played a full season in years. But, he's the emotional leader of a great defense.

AJ Hawk is a solid linebacker. He's young & he knows the position well. As years go by, he'll continue to improve and will be a solid linebacker; however, he's not a top 5 pick.

And you're really stretching to compare him to Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis is a big hit away from never playing again at this point in his career. He hasn't played a full season in years. But, he's the emotional leader of a great defense.

They don't play the same position. Why are people comparing Hawk to Lewis? Hawk and Rivers play the same position. I like Rivers's potential over Hawk's.

You're the one who made the comparison. I just called you out on it. He's been solid so far, but he's still got a ways to go.

You called me out and I corrected you. It is clear OSU is the most hated team on this board but it's foolish to down play Hawk. Any team in the NFL would welcome him. Now if you wanna bash Tovar or Katzenmoyer you have an arugement. I for the record said OSU has produced many, many good secondary players in recent history but Hawk is a very good player and Laurentis and Freeman will be as well.

You called me out and I corrected you. It is clear OSU is the most hated team on this board but it's foolish to down play Hawk. Any team in the NFL would welcome him. Now if you wanna bash Tovar or Katzenmoyer you have an arugement. I for the record said OSU has produced many, many good secondary players in recent history but Hawk is a very good player and Laurentis and Freeman will be as well.

I like Laurinitis & Freeman. They'll be in the NFL. I'd be upset if my team drafted them with a top 10 draft pick, though.

I'd be thrilled if either of them were in the roster through the 2nd round on, but the Bengals don't need to use another 1st round pick on a linebacker.

For what it's worth, Louisville is the most hated team on the board, followed by Kentucky. I must admit, it's not nearly as fun around here when Louisville isn't good.

#33 is among the best in the country, and he has been the past 3 seasons. Ohio State has been known to produces some very good linebackers, so how would this be a horrible pick?

With the 1st overall pick you can do better than #33, even at linebacker, but the bengals are crazy not to address their lines with the first 2 or 3 picks in the upcoming draft.

John A is right, the Bungals will even loose in this contest. They won't get the first pick because my beloved Rams are much worse and have a real shot at a perfect season 0-16. Rams with the first pick will do something equally as stupid as the Bengals would, need OL will take a DB or WR or some other dime a dozen position.

Maybe this thread should be renamed......"With the second pick in the draft the Striped Cats from Northern Kentucky select....."