"With the 1st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select..."

Bengals first off won't have the first pick, I think the Rams will. If the Bengals go LB I look for them to go back to USC to get Meauggie. I have said for a long time they need a DT. Taylor Mays will be hard to pass in the top 10. If they get any OSU LB they will probably take Freeman in the 2nd/3rd round, nice value there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#33 is among the best in the country, and he has been the past 3 seasons. Ohio State has been known to produces some very good linebackers, so how would this be a horrible pick?

It would be one of the dumbest picks ever in NFL draft history. They need OL or DL and a bunch of help at both. I agree with 5wide, Michael Oher.

And Vrabel was a DE at OSU. Na'il Diggs has been solid, but nothing spectacular. Steve Tovar, maybe?

Yeah, if my count was correct, OSU has the same number of NFL LBs as that other Linebacker U, NC State, and only one more than Maryland.

Right, Vrabel was a DE at Ohio State. Steve Tovar is stretching it. Katzenmoyer was supposed to be a stud but basically disappeared when he got to the NFL.

I wouldn't have a problem with Freeman in the 3rd round, at all.

Right, Vrabel was a DE at Ohio State. Steve Tovar is stretching it. Katzenmoyer was supposed to be a stud but basically disappeared when he got to the NFL.

I wouldn't have a problem with Freeman in the 3rd round, at all.

That's my point. I don't really recall any impact OSU LBs in recent memory.

Trade the pick to Denver for the rights on Travis Henry. That would give them another criminal, another dud running back and another stupid move by Brown:)

Let's not get carried away here...but I agree trade the pick, accumulate more. Don't go to low in the order, we still need an impact player. No reaches or stretches, get a true difference maker. Stud OL or DL would be great. The skill position players can be found in the 3-7 round range, they're going to be backups anyway, giving them time to develop.

161 career tackles, 4.5 sacks in 2 years. Identical stats to Ray Lewis last year. He is no slouch.

Now you're comparing him to Lewis? :lol: :lol:

C'mon, dude. Step away from the silver and red Kool-aid. Again, let's not get ahead of ourselves, and instead give Hawk a chance to prove himself over a few more seasons.

You're also conveniently leaving out the fact that Lewis compiled his stats in two fewer games. And by no means is Hawk a leader on the field the way Lewis is. Hawk is at best a fifth banana to KGB, Barnett, Woodson and Bigby.

James Laurinatis from THE Ohio State University.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, he isn't the best linebacker in the nation, let alone he isn't a lineman.

That would be an absolutely horrible pick.

Did I say it was the RIGHT pick? No. With thier history on the Draft, this is how I think they'll use it.