Jim Schue Hates You

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, thoughts on Chris Isaak? i.e. Wicked Game, San Francisco Days, Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing.

Personally, I think he has one of the best voices in popular music.

I've always liked Chris Isaak. "Somebody's Crying" is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard. Just one of those perfect pop songs.

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Spooky (Their Version)

Styx - Snowblind

Chicago - Introduction & Byblos (The Terry Kath Chicago Stuff)

Cream - Tales of Braves Ulysses

Thin Lizzy - Boys Are Back in Town

and for fun . . .

The Eagles - Victim of Love

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Spooky (Their Version)

Great tune.

Styx - Snowblind

I had a copy of this album, and it was pretty good.

Chicago - Introduction & Byblos (The Terry Kath Chicago Stuff)

I don't really recall either of these songs. My knowledge of Chicago is pretty much limited to the hits.

Cream - Tales of Braves Ulysses

I had access to my uncle's Cream records when I was younger. Good stuff.

Thin Lizzy - Boys Are Back in Town

One of the most underrated bands of all time.

and for fun . . .

The Eagles - Victim of Love

Don Henley is the AntiChrist. I'm sure of it.

Some of my faves are:

DMB (more of the really old DMB)....

Barenaked Ladies (100% of the stuff before 1999, though I have been loyal)....

Jack Johnson (huge fan)...

DMX

Eminem

Bone Thugz-n-Harmony

'Ville Billies

Alan Jackson

...I am a fan of almost all music, I do like a lot of the commercial stuff....I once had a good friend that was a local musician, and he compared enjoying music to that of wine, mainly stating that who cares what others think, "like what you like"...and that's what I do....though the #1 thing that gets airplay in my car everyday, is talk radio.

I dont know if you have heard of them, but The Shinedown is a really good band. I also am a fan of The Who- Baba Oreilly because when the intro for UK basketball with this song plays I get chills (I know you are a huge fan just stating). Also really enjoySittin at a bar by Rehab, all of Puddle of Mudds music, especially Psycho and She Hates Me. and Styx renegade.

Don Henley is the AntiChrist. I'm sure of it.

:lol: Anybody who has Irving Azoff on his side has to be. However I'm still a big fan. I guess I have to give the devil his due.

The Chicago stuff is from their first and 7th album. Kath was an awesome guitarist and soulful singer. "Introduction" holds a lot of movement changes from rock to jazz within the whole song. "Byblos" is a great Acoustic song that features Kath's voice, playing and a neat story about meeting a girl, ignoring her, changing mind, only to find her with his friend now. (Life story stuff :D)

Let me think of some others:

The Band - "The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down"

Squeeze - "Tempted by the Fruit of Another"

The Hooters - "Where Do the Children Go?"

SuperTramp - "Take the Long Way Home"

Loggins and Messina - "Angry Eyes"

Beatles - "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright"

Toto - "99"

If Don Henley is the AntiChrist then send me straight to hell. I've always liked Henley.

Consider it done.:fire::thumb:

Seriously though, I'm right there with Jim on this one. Well, Scott Stapp might be even more of the AnitChrist... but they're both evil, that I'm sure of.

I'm not really into music at all. Will generally listen to whatever is on. To the extent I want to listen to something specific, it's either Frank Sinatra or Dwight Yocum. I know; a strange combination. Jim probably doesn't like either. I've never contemplated just putting on a CD and sitting down just to listen to it. Don't like sitting still and resting and don't have have the time for it (which is why I watch very little TV other than the morning news at the gym). There's always something that has to be done.

:lol: Anybody who has Irving Azoff on his side has to be. However I'm still a big fan. I guess I have to give the devil his due.

The Chicago stuff is from their first and 7th album. Kath was an awesome guitarist and soulful singer. "Introduction" holds a lot of movement changes from rock to jazz within the whole song. "Byblos" is a great Acoustic song that features Kath's voice, playing and a neat story about meeting a girl, ignoring her, changing mind, only to find her with his friend now. (Life story stuff :D)

Let me think of some others:

The Band - "The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down"

Heard this on the radio in the car the other day, and I had to sing along. Loudly.

Squeeze - "Tempted by the Fruit of Another"

A great and very underrated band.

The Hooters - "Where Do the Children Go?"

Never could figure out why this band didn't have staying power. That one album was great.

SuperTramp - "Take the Long Way Home"

Love Supertramp.

Loggins and Messina - "Angry Eyes"

Their best song, by far, IMO.

Beatles - "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Love the Beatles.

Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright"

'70s-era Elton is just fantastic.

Toto - "99"

Good tune, but kind of a cheesy band.