Jim Schue Hates You

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the greatest bands you've never heard of. The first time I saw them was in Lexington at the old Lynagh's Pub, opening for the great V-Roys. They are a much better live band than in studio, but this is one of their coolest studio singles. And for you Wildcat fans, the guy who plays the accordion has worn a UK hat every time I've seen them live (which numbers at least eight); we struck up a conversation about it once. It looks like he has it on in this video, but it's hard to tell. I've not seen them live in a few years, so I doubt he still has it. If he does, it's quite funky by now. He's got it on in this video, but it's kind of hard to tell.

This is one of the greatest bands you've never heard of. The first time I saw them was in Lexington at the old Lynagh's Pub, opening for the great V-Roys. They are a much better live band than in studio, but this is one of their coolest studio singles. And for you Wildcat fans, the guy who plays the accordion has worn a UK hat every time I've seen them live (which numbers at least eight); we struck up a conversation about it once. It looks like he has it on in this video, but it's hard to tell. I've not seen them live in a few years, so I doubt he still has it. If he does, it's quite funky by now. He's got it on in this video, but it's kind of hard to tell.

Hey Jim are you playing guitar in this video?

• 3 weeks later...
Gallery - Its So Nice To Be With You

Wednesday - Last Kiss

Come and get your Love-Redbone

All from the 70's!!!

Sorry I missed this. I don't recognize the first two. If by Redbone you mean Leon Redbone, I do like him, but I don't recognize that song name.

I apologize if its been covered already but what is your take on The Cars? i.e. Candy-O, Dangerous Type, Just What I Needed, Best Friend's Girl?

I've always liked 'em. Was driving down the highway yesterday and "My Best Friend's Girl" came on the radio, prompting more singning ...

• 1 year later...
Since I watched "Anvil: The Story of Anvil" I've been wanting to listen to some Anvil.

Right now I'm listening to "Metal on Metal". How you feel about it Jim?

I enjoyed the documentary. I didn't really dislike the stuff I heard, but as I noted in the other thread, it's not exactly my cup of tea (for which AA is probably glad, since I found a copy of that album and passed it along to him).

I enjoyed the documentary. I didn't really dislike the stuff I heard, but as I noted in the other thread, it's not exactly my cup of tea (for which AA is probably glad, since I found a copy of that album and passed it along to him).

You into any of the big heavy metal bands? You've given your opinion on Metallica. How about Slayer, Anthrax or Megadeth?

Just curious. I only listen to Metallica and Megadeth, but I'm thinking about giving Slayer, Anthrax and Anvil more of a chance. (I know Anvil isn't one of the "big" heavy metal bands).

Never much cared for Slayer (sorry AA). I listened heavily to Anthrax's first few offerings through a fellow board member I grew up with, FarBeyondDriven, and enjoyed them, but moved away from Anthrax and most metal as I began getting into hip-hop in the '80s. I always retained a love of Megadeth, however.