Jim Schue Hates You

To those in BGP land:

I hope, if you discover nothing else about me from this thread, it's that it's nothing personal when I take a swipe at some band you like. I just can't be dishonest when it comes to music. Music is just too important to me, and I have to call it like I see/hear it.

Too many of you take things personally, and that's too bad, because you often end up ignoring a suggestion of mine out of spite, and missing out on something great in the process.

Whatever jerk, go buy a Dave Matthews album. :D

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like punk music. I'm just skeptical that anything made in the past 20 years is really "punk." So consider me a snob in that regard.

Radiohead's first album (where "Creep" is found) was OK, but they had better stuff come out after that. "The Bends" and "OK Computer" are their best. The others are a little less accessible to the average listener. For whatever reason, I never got a copy of their most current album. Probably because 2007, its release year, was a rough one for me financially.

I think Dropkick Murphys are pretty awful as well.

Give Rise Against a listen. Not sure what you consider "punk". I'd have to say they are more of a "hardcore" punk. They are definitely not like Blink 182...which I've heard is considered punk as well.

Just a few of my favorites and please don't hurt my feelings.:;)

Moon Shadow-Cat Stevens

Operator-Jim Croce

Hello It's Me-Todd Rudgren

I'll Take You There-The Staple SIngers

Listen to the Music-The Doobie Brothers

Horse With No Name-America

Southern Cross(I think that's the name of the song) CSN

To those in BGP land:

I hope, if you discover nothing else about me from this thread, it's that it's nothing personal when I take a swipe at some band you like. I just can't be dishonest when it comes to music. Music is just too important to me, and I have to call it like I see/hear it.

Too many of you take things personally, and that's too bad, because you often end up ignoring a suggestion of mine out of spite, and missing out on something great in the process.

I grew up in the time of vinyl 45's. I cannot count the times that the 'B' side was a much better song than the 'A'. I will give everyone a listen...may not like it...but a listen. To all on BGP...keep your mind (and your ears) open...you just might miss out on something great!

(soapbox closed,now...:D)

Talk to Me-Kiss

You shook me all night long-ACDC

Stone in love-Journey

Ghost town-Cheaptrick

For some reason, I'm not recalling that Journey song. I'm a fan of KISS, but the "Unmasked" album was pretty weak and not terribly memorable. I'm also not recalling that Cheap Trick tune, but there's a lot of their tunes I like but just never knew the name of. I didn't figure out the name of the tune "Surrender" until a couple years ago.

I have a copy of "Back In Black" on vinyl, but I don't much care if I never hear "Shook Me ..." again, it's been so grossly overplayed.

Just a few of my favorites and please don't hurt my feelings.:;)

Moon Shadow-Cat Stevens

Operator-Jim Croce

Hello It's Me-Todd Rudgren

I'll Take You There-The Staple SIngers

Listen to the Music-The Doobie Brothers

Horse With No Name-America

Southern Cross(I think that's the name of the song) CSN

I got no beef with any of those, but I always found America to be kind of a cheesy band.

"Southern Cross" is the correct name, and it's a fantastic tune, IMO. One of CSN's more overlooked great tunes.

I have one of his albums, but by no means would I be considered a fan. I've not paid much attention to metal for a long time.

Which one? I don't think I would classify him as just metal though, after White Zombie he's played a larger variety of alternative/metal/industrial techno type stuff. I like a lot of his stuff but I have even more respect for the guy.

Which one? I don't think I would classify him as just metal though, after White Zombie he's played a larger variety of alternative/metal/industrial techno type stuff. I like a lot of his stuff but I have even more respect for the guy.

I like 'The Sinister Urge' album he released in 2001. "Demon Speeding", "Never Gonna Stop", "Feel So Numb" and "House of 1000 Corpses" were some decent songs off that album.

I like 'The Sinister Urge' album he released in 2001. "Demon Speeding", "Never Gonna Stop", "Feel So Numb" and "House of 1000 Corpses" were some decent songs off that album.

Probably my favorite album by him. I DJ about once a month and when I'm at Angel's Rock Bar, 'Feel So Numb' is always a crowd favorite along with 'Dragula'.