Who do you trust more in the case....

Who would you trust more in the case of another Terrorist attack on America?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you trust more in the case of another Terrorist attack on America?

There have been a few questions on this one about who do you trust "in case of a attack", or "to prevent another attack" and so on. I guess my answer would be a combination of all really, in any case would trust McCain over "Obama the Great":D in that wants to "talk with people that want to kill us":rolleyes:.

JMO

We talk to the Saudi's and like it or not, many of the people there "want to kill us." (For reference check out the 9/11 terrorists) We talk to the Chinese (In fact we look the other way after Tianamen Square and Tibet) and do you think they don't want to "kill us?" Diplomacy is about meeting your objectives and goals (security for the US and our interests). Sometimes that means talking and holding their attention while working on other solutions away from the table.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a few questions on this one about who do you trust "in case of a attack", or "to prevent another attack" and so on. I guess my answer would be a combination of all really, in any case would trust McCain over "Obama the Great":D in that wants to "talk with people that want to kill us":rolleyes:.

Another couple of questions and comments were about civil liberties. I personaly believe that one of the big problems with this country is groups like the ACLU, this group is now imo turned into just a cover for their own bias agendas. I personally don't give a flip about the terrorist civil liberties.....Oh, thats right they are not Americans and we should be sympathetic to them and over look the minor fact tat they want nothing more than to destroy our way of lfe. As far as the ACLU, that imo started out at te conception of it as a great organazation...... enter people like Sharpton, Jackson, Clinton's and any number of today's university "liberal arts" professors and the others that think they are experts on how we all should live that have forgotten that they are hired to teach and not brainwash, same with Hollywierd actors, they are hired to act or entertain and not make any foriegn policy or executive decisions.

Again, I am not aginst the idea of the ACLU as it was originally deveoloped and intended. I am against what it has turned into and that is an organizatrion that is guilty of the very things they claim to be against and are doing much more harm than good.

JMO

One thing I wanted to point out...some terrorists are Americans, too...in the post 9/11 world, we forget about Oklahoma City.

One thing I wanted to point out...some terrorists are Americans, too...in the post 9/11 world, we forget about Oklahoma City.

You are certainly right about that, I agree :thumb:. I did not mean that all terrorist were non Americans although I will say that the ones that you speak of are Americans by birth only an not by heart or any resemblance of respect of our laws or for human life. These imo should be given a one way ticket (with the instructions never to return) to one of these places with moe of their kind. See how they like that way of life.;)

We talk to the Saudi's and like it or not, many of the people there "want to kill us." (For reference check out the 9/11 terrorists) We talk to the Chinese (In fact we look the other way after Tianamen Square and Tibet) and do you think they don't want to "kill us?" Diplomacy is about meeting your objectives and goals (security for the US and our interests). Sometimes that means talking and holding their attention while working on other solutions away from the table.

I respect your opinion Hatz :thumb:............I just disagree, imo there is no talking to radical idiots or the people that want to "protect thier feelings":rolleyes: like Senator Obama who I am afraid wants to sympathize with these maniacs. I hope that I am wrong about the last statement.

I respect your opinion Hatz :thumb:............I just disagree, imo there is no talking to radical idiots or the people that want to "protect thier feelings":rolleyes: like Senator Obama who I am afraid wants to sympathize with these maniacs. I hope that I am wrong about the last statement.

I hope you are as well. Every American ought to hope that. :thumb:

Grace under fire.

Pulled his comrades from the burning deck of a ship.

Tried to save his aircraft from certain destruction.

Survived a Vietnamese POW camp.

When offered freedom, demanded his comrades prior release.

Endured endless torture to his own breaking point.

Trained through a broken body to a return to duty.

Grace under fire. I'm sorry, and with respect, being raised by a single mother in alleged poverty just isn't the same.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning on that...

What does the nation need in the wake of a terrorist attack? They need someone to look to for hope. I think Obama would approach it with a level head. McCain is known for his temper and jumping to conclusions which seems like the same attitude that got us in the mess we're in now.

Grace under fire.

Pulled his comrades from the burning deck of a ship.

Tried to save his aircraft from certain destruction.

Survived a Vietnamese POW camp.

When offered freedom, demanded his comrades prior release.

Endured endless torture to his own breaking point.

Trained through a broken body to a return to duty.

How does that translate into handling a domestic and international crisis?

How does that translate into handling a domestic and international crisis?
McCain has demonstrated leadership in the face of extreme adversity. He has made tough decisions in the face of severe personal physical pain. If the time comes again to deploy the military to respond to the threat of terrorism, including during the aftermath of a terrorist attack, McCain will have a deep personal understanding of the kind of personal sacrifice that he will be asking of our troops.

Obama has enjoyed an extremely pampered and sheltered life in comparison to McCain - and I am not a big McCain fan.

McCain has demonstrated leadership in the face of extreme adversity. He has made tough decisions in the face of severe personal physical pain. If the time comes again to deploy the military to respond to the threat of terrorism, including during the aftermath of a terrorist attack, McCain will have a deep personal understanding of the kind of personal sacrifice that he will be asking of our troops.
I guess you're now willing to overlook McCain's class rank at Annapolis, huh? :rolleyes:

I'm completely confused as to why one would draw the conclusion that to open up talks between the US and what I guess one could term enemy states, would mean we were sympathizing or negotiating with them. A line of communication doesn't mean that we compromise our position, IMO. To me, it's a step in resolving differences through communication, a means to come to some sort of understanding. I'm enough of an optimist to believe that there's a huge chasm of misunderstanding in the relations between the US and Iran, for instance. I honestly think the dictatorial, emperical way the US has chosen to include some, exclude others has led us to this point. We, IMO, have to be less exclusionary in our foreign policy.

I love how you guys have turned into McCainiacs now.:lol: At least Aces points out that he is still not a big fan.

As far as older being better...better rethink that one!

:rolleyes:

We have but two choices, it's obvious to us that of the two McCain is a better choice than Crock. How does that make us McCainiacs?