Who do you trust more in the case....

Who would you trust more in the case of another Terrorist attack on America?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you trust more in the case of another Terrorist attack on America?

I never thought that McCain's embarrassingly low class rank had much to do with his intellect.
Yeah, right ... after all, you are the guy that called McCain "dim-witted" and "not the sharpest tool in the shed" when referring to his academic record at Annapolis.

However, I have never had anything but respect and gratitude for McCain's service to his country and if he was ever a spoiled brat son of an admiral as a midshipman, he seems to have developed a healthy work ethic and he has survived more hard knock lessons that most of us will ever be asked to endure.
This just kills me ...

In the past few months alone, you have referred to McCain as "untrustworthy" and "an unstable character" ... that hardly equates to the respect you claim you have for the man now.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely disagree. We would need someone who has faced adversity before, and would be quick to act. Not someone who would sit there and try to talk with the terrorists.
Who said Obama's response to a terrorist attack would be negotiation? :rolleyes:

Obama's plan, like it or not, is at least some sort of pre-emptive effort.

Yeah, right ... after all, you are the guy that called McCain "dim-witted" and "not the sharpest tool in the shed" when referring to his academic record at Annapolis.

This just kills me ...

In the past few months alone, you have referred to McCain as "untrustworthy" and "an unstable character" ... that hardly equates to the respect you claim you have for the man now.

I respect McCain's military service and I have never said otherwise. I agree with McCain on about 50 to 60% of his positions. I really do not need you to tell me whether I do or do not respect McCain. I see no inconsistency in respecting many aspects of McCain's record and finding other parts of it unsettling.

I do not see the world in terms of black and white. When the parties pick their respective candidate, I am not transformed into a fanboy of one of the candidates. I stand by all of my previous criticism of McCain but I will most likely vote for him anyway - warts and all.

OTOH, I have no respect for Obama and you may quote me freely on that.

Who said Obama's response to a terrorist attack would be negotiation? :rolleyes:

Obama's plan, like it or not, is at least some sort of pre-emptive effort.

He says he wants to talk with leaders of places like Iran....Sounds like negotiating with terrorists to me....:rolleyes:

He says he wants to talk with leaders of places like Iran....Sounds like negotiating with terrorists to me....:rolleyes:

Has he said negotiate? He said talk. Talking doesn't necessarily mean negotiating. You're making an assumption.

In your previous post, you hinted that Obama's response to a terrorist attack would be negotiation. Again, who said that was the case?

I respect McCain's military service and I have never said otherwise. I agree with McCain on about 50 to 60% of his positions. I really do not need you to tell me whether I do or do not respect McCain. I see no inconsistency in respecting many aspects of McCain's record and finding other parts of it unsettling.
It's one thing to disagree with McCain, but it's quite another to make personal insults of the man like you have in this forum.

I do not see the world in terms of black and white.
No, you appear to see it in Far-right and wrong.

OTOH, I have no respect for Obama
What a shock ...

I've thought about this at great length. McCain is a proven american hero. He has fought for our country and he almost died for our country. He still carries his battle scars with him each and every day. I am not a big fan of McCain's but I do respect what he has given this country. I respect that he doesn't always jump to his parties demands. I respect that he does seem to me, IMO, his own man.

Obama, hasn't served our country in the same fashion that McCain has. Something about him, Obama, makes me very uncomfortable and I truly don't know what it is. I don't think he has the experience to run this country and I don't think he has the wisdom to protect us in a 911 sitution.

McCain has a temper and that's one thing about him that worries me the most. If I had to choose a man with a temper or a man that I think lacks the experience to run this country, then I will have to pick the man with the temper.

It's one thing to disagree with McCain, but it's quite another to make personal insults of the man like you have in this forum.

No, you appear to see it in Far-right and wrong.

What a shock ...

I make no apologies about being a conservative so your attempt to insult me with your "Far right and wrong" jab is amusing and I do not believe that was your intent.

I do not personally like McCain but the choice of whom to trust more in a crisis - a man with McCain's experience or a man like Obama who seems to have great difficulty making any politically unpopular decision - is an easy one.

Do you have any opinion on the thread topic or do just you want to talk more about me? :lol:

I've thought about this at great length. McCain is a proven american hero. He has fought for our country and he almost died for our country. He still carries his battle scars with him each and every day. I am not a big fan of McCain's but I do respect what he has given this country. I respect that he doesn't always jump to his parties demands. I respect that he does seem to me, IMO, his own man.

Obama, hasn't served our country in the same fashion that McCain has. Something about him, Obama, makes me very uncomfortable and I truly don't know what it is. I don't think he has the experience to run this country and I don't think he has the wisdom to protect us in a 911 sitution.

McCain has a temper and that's one thing about him that worries me the most. If I had to choose a man with a temper or a man that I think lacks the experience to run this country, then I will have to pick the man with the temper.

There is an appropriate time for a leader to display anger and the fact that McCain has a temper does not concern me at all. Americans who were not angry after the 9/11 attacks are the ones that worry me.

There is an appropriate time for a leader to display anger and the fact that McCain has a temper does not concern me at all. Americans who were not angry after the 9/11 attacks are the ones that worry me.

I said nothing about it not being right to display anger after the 9/11 attacks. Anyone who didn't would worry me also. I do understand that there is an appropriate time for a leader and anyone to display anger. I am just concerned about McCain because I think he's a little hot headed and it worries me.

I make no apologies about being a conservative so your attempt to insult me with your "Far right and wrong" jab is amusing and I do not believe that was your intent.
No intent ... just an accurate statement.

Do you have any opinion on the thread topic or do just you want to talk more about me? :lol:
I simply like pointing out hypocrisy when I see it ...