Who do you trust more in the case....

Who would you trust more in the case of another Terrorist attack on America?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you trust more in the case of another Terrorist attack on America?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust in what respect? I am assuming we are talking about an attack that has already been carried out on U.S. soil. I would have no reason not to trust either one of them. I have total confidence that both would take whatever measures would be best for the American people and the country. I'll sleep well with either.

I saw this on one of the major news stations I think last night...50% said they trusted McCain...but they didn't say anything about Obama. Math tells me that the other 50% would trust Obama...but I am not sure if the question was exactly the same. (It may have just been, would you trust McCain if we were attacked?)

Obama- because I don't trust McSame to not try and strip us of our civil liberties in the event of a terrorist attack. Nothing is more frightening than hearing a potential president refer to 'so called habeas corpus.' I mean, it's just what keeps you from being thrown in jail indefinitely for no reason whatsoever-- no biggie.

Trust in what respect? I am assuming we are talking about an attack that has already been carried out on U.S. soil. I would have no reason not to trust either one of them. I have total confidence that both would take whatever measures would be best for the American people and the country. I'll sleep well with either.

:thumb:

I can't choose either, based upon the question. I can't vote for someone on the hypothetical "if" we were attacked again. For that portion of consideration I must give to the "what if's" of a future terrorist attack, I prefer to concentrate on who would I trust more to ensure that there is no future attack.

I don't doubt that McCain would be willing to use the military in response to a terrorist attack. However, the fact that he continues to this day to proclaim that the Iraq invasion was an appropriate action in the wake of 9/11 makes me nervous about his judgement in such a scenario.

Obama- because I don't trust McSame to not try and strip us of our civil liberties in the event of a terrorist attack. Nothing is more frightening than hearing a potential president refer to 'so called habeas corpus.' I mean, it's just what keeps you from being thrown in jail indefinitely for no reason whatsoever-- no biggie.

So you'd rather bring in the people behind the attacks to have a little pow wow and try to reason with them?