Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious...if the mods allow the link, I will post it.

Maybe you might want to read a little more.

One of the top guards in the 2010 class is Chad Jackson. Now that Jackson has decided to make a change in schools he is working hard to improve facets of his game like his outside shot......

Jackson is now at Scott County High School.

Along with his work on the AAU circuit, Jackson is also putting in time at his new high school to try and improve.

According to Jackson, competition was the main reason behind the move. "I transferred to Scott County," said Jackson. "Pretty much when I transferred there I was just looking for good competition day in and day out. Most people play games to get competition, but for me when I'm in the gym I will be going against good players all the time."

ScarHeel and WishyWashy, the most important part of the quote is the bolded

Sounds like dad spoiled it for his son. Not sure why Jackson is eligible based on Euton's ruling. This will get very interesting. I would hope the KHSAA will look at other transfers throughout the state with a "fine tooth comb" and not just "single-out" Scott Co.

First off, no one is singling out Scott County.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_077230428.html

Article from Ashland paper.

Dad is quoted as saying Euton may enroll in May.

If he enrolled without a bonafide change of address, then that is a no-no...I believe...that could be the issue.

The following quote from the article establishes a very clear timeline.

“The Eutons bought a house in Georgetown this past weekend and Clay is scheduled to begin his new job on April 21.”

The article was published March 17, meaning that the Eutons bought their house the weekend of March 15th. Dakotah was still enrolled at RHCS at that time.

If Dakotah didn’t enroll at Scott Co. until May… the bona fide change of address had already occurred weeks prior.

This is all about the dad talking to the Lexington Herald Leader about the move and the perception that it was motivated by athletics.

If dad had quit his job to take a new one, a reasonable case might be made. He lost his job and had to relocate to get a similar one. They made a good choice in where they wanted to send their son to school... case closed.

The KHSAA insisting that parents not consider athletics in any similar move is absurd. If no recruiting is involved, why shouldn't parents be free in America to consider anything they want, and be honest about it?

Wishywashy I never said anything about Jackson's dad. Please don't misquote me.

All the Scott Co fans need to chill. The kHSAA will back down unless they have more evidence than we know about. There will be too much behind the scenes pressure from Scott County and UK. They will reverse it before Oct 15th.

Regardless of what the dad said in the article, they still moved because of a job change! He chose Scott Co. and the kid should be able to play! Is there something to this, surely their is and we would all be stupid not to think that!

I almost think that if the school wasn't Scott Co. we might not even have this thread b/c I doubt the kid would have been ruled ineligible!

I have also heard the Commissioner DeVries is under fire somewhat! There have been a lot of QUESTIONABLE decisions made under her watch!

Euton is probably one of the highest profile HS players to be ruled ineligible by the KHSAA. A UK recruit and key player for what will be the #1 team in the state next season.

I hope politics and pressure is not involved. And with this being so high profile, I hope they have the evidence and good logic. The KHSAA knew this ruling would create a firestorm. If they don't have everything in order, the KHSAA will be destroyed by this. And then we will have total chaos. There needs to be some reform in KY HS athletics. Make clear rules and stick to them.