Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA

Hasn't Holmes also had 4 transfers within a year (Nelson, Johnson brothers, Housley)?

High school ball is becoming more and more like AAU ball, where the powerhouses attract more and more of the best athletes.

Nelson (05)- Attended Covington Elementary schooling, moved to Ohio his 7th grade year, came back to Holmes his soph year when his family moved back over to KY. BTW, Greg Rice is his cousin. Again, a kid with ties to the school and family in the area.

Johnson Brothers (07)- Mother taught in Covington system, a better job opened up at Taft, she took it and took her boys with her who had attended Holmes feeder schools until their 8th grade year. Her job was cut after a year and one opened back up in the Covington schooling system which she took. If anything Taft got the transfers, not Holmes. All three of those young men had Covington and Holmes roots. Another school just happened to get them as transfers for a year.

As far as Housley (08) I'm not sure but I believe he moved back in with his parents which is the reason for him coming back to Holmes. Another kid who had Covington roots and family who attended the school.

None of these boys travelled great distances or just up and moved for no reason. All of their moves were legitimate which is the reason they were/are eligible to play.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they do appeal and the khsaa doesn't overturn it, going to the court system won't help.

As stated before all schools have signed an agreeent to abide by any ruling by the khsaa. If they didn't sign they can't participate in the khsaa.

Again I ask this question which is still looming...Shotwell was ruled ineligible as well...why is nothing being said about that?

Again, SC got burned. Euton's father and Jackson both were quoted as saying they chose the school based on athletic purposes. BIG NO NO! The khsaa is just doing their job. People can complain all they want but the facts are there. They broke the rules which is the reason for the ruling. Like it or not, get over it.

My kid just had a physical on Monday. On the KHSAA medical form we both signed there is a section in bold print concerning Bylaw 6, Section 1 on the "Transfer Rule". It also goes on to say that we (student and parent\legal guardian) agree to "Abide by the rulings of the Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, Hearing Officer and Board of Control" I don't have an interest in these particular cases, but I have two questions.

1) If we, and every other student and parent\legal guardian who sign the KHSAA form agree to abide by the rulings made by the KHSAA, how do any of these cases end up in the judicial system?

2) I know of some other cases that have gone to the courts and have been decided in the student athlete's favor; but too late for the student to participate in that season. Do any of you know of any that went to litigation and were resolved favorably in time for the season?

Just curious.