Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a provision in the KHSAA bylaws that a transfer can be ruled ineligible if it is deemed as being "for athletic reasons" ... given Clay Euton's comments to the media after the move, I suspect that is what the KHSAA determined.

That scenario is one I suggested two months ago.

There is a Jackson quote out there somewhere as well. Someone from his family stated one of the reasons/benefits would be that Jackson would play great competition day in and day out...matter of fact I think it was Jackson himself.

Can't remember where I read that...it is out there though.

There is a Jackson quote out there somewhere as well. Someone from his family stated one of the reasons/benefits would be that Jackson would play great competition day in and day out.

Can't remember where I read that...it is out there though.

GOOD GRIEF! You probably can't remember because you never read it in the first place,"Bro" :rolleyes:

GOOD GRIEF! You probably can't remember because you never read it in the first place,"Bro" :rolleyes:

Along with Euton, Jackson has transferred to ScottCountyHigh School from Rose Hill. Jackson started school last week, while Euton begins on Monday.

"We know it's going to help us out in the long run," Jackson said.

LINK

I wonder if he means helping him in the long run for academics or athletics?

From a Xavier and UK publication

Along with his work on the AAU circuit, Jackson is also putting in time at his new high school to try and improve.

According to Jackson, competition was the main reason behind the move. "I transferred to Scott County," said Jackson. "Pretty much when I transferred there I was just looking for good competition day in and day out. Most people play games to get competition, but for me when I'm in the gym I will be going against good players all the time."

No more questions Your Honor...

From a Xavier and UK publication

Along with his work on the AAU circuit, Jackson is also putting in time at his new high school to try and improve.

According to Jackson, competition was the main reason behind the move. "I transferred to Scott County," said Jackson. "Pretty much when I transferred there I was just looking for good competition day in and day out. Most people play games to get competition, but for me when I'm in the gym I will be going against good players all the time."

No more questions Your Honor...

Provide a link. The quote seems a little "suspect".

According to Jackson, competition was the main reason behind the move. "I transferred to Scott County," said Jackson.

The misperception by most people here is that they believe that moving is a guarantee of eligibilty. Those that believe this need to read the bylaws with more care.

This entire deal from the get go sounded like a circus.

You know what they say....If it flys like a duck.....walks like a duck......and quacks like a duck......it just might be a duck!!!!!!!

Provide a link. The quote seems a little "suspect".

According to Jackson, competition was the main reason behind the move. "I transferred to Scott County," said Jackson.

Are you serious...if the mods allow the link, I will post it.

Maybe you might want to read a little more.

One of the top guards in the 2010 class is Chad Jackson. Now that Jackson has decided to make a change in schools he is working hard to improve facets of his game like his outside shot......

Jackson is now at Scott County High School.

It was based on Mr. Euton's comments in the paper about taking a tour of the facility and all that junk. They will appeal and win the appeal based a lack of real substance.

Jackson's mom lived in Ashland with him but her husband lived in Lex and they were married. Since BOTH parents didn't change residence, that was the issue in question.

Shotwell's appeal was denied and was also ruled ineligible. Again, this had nothing to do with athletics but the family hadn't moved (couldnt sell their home) and couldn't afford the commute along with some academic problems.