Schools with rules?

Schools with rules.

I don't like rules on the court

I don't like rules in a fort

I don't like rules on a port

I don't like rules of any sort.

I do not like green eggs and ham

I do not like them Sam I am.

Instant classic. It may be because it's 1am, but I laughed out loud - again.

Then the rules must not be clear or specific. Seems like inconsistency and too much room for interpretation.

Or how about adults who are ruining a kids game by trying to find ways to make their kids supposedly instant winners by transferring to schools they perceive as powerhouses.

HS athletics is not supposed to be about teenage free agent athletes, like it has become.

From the Louisville Courier Journal:

"Clay Euton said the family looked at several options, including private schools in the Lexington area, before choosing Scott County. The Cardinals are a perennial power and won a state championship last season.

"He knew he would have some good teammates, and we looked at the facilities," Clay Euton said. "A big factor was the schedule the team was willing to play. That's really what helped us make our decision."

""One of his main goals is to win Mr. Kentucky," Clay Euton said. "If he wins it or not I don't know, but I didn't want to take away his chance."

Why say this????

Or how about adults who are ruining a kids game by trying to find ways to make their kids supposedly instant winners by transferring to schools they perceive as powerhouses.

HS athletics is not supposed to be about teenage free agent athletes, like it has become.

These are the issues that get the most press, but the truth of it is that only a hand full of families are willing to physically move for these types of reasons.

Many many kids are moving for legitimate reasons and are ruled ineligible because their parents weren't savvy enough to wait to enroll the kid in school until after they had a new address, didn't get their driver's license changed to show their updated address, or worst of all in this economic market - couldn't sell their home when they have already moved to a new place.

IMO - if they physicall move they should be eligible. It takes all the guess work out of the situation. If there are some parents crazy enough to move so their kid can play (or maybe sit the bench) at a high profile school, so be it.

I think if the Eutons had waited until the fall, they may have gotten by. But they enrolled him right at the start of spring conditioning and open gym. That along with the public comments make it look like WHICH school he chose was based on basketball. I have not doubt, he had to move due to his dad's job.

I agree. Lets make the rules simple.

I think if the Eutons had waited until the fall, they may have gotten by. But they enrolled him right at the start of spring conditioning and open gym. That along with the public comments make it look like WHICH school he chose was based on basketball. I have not doubt, he had to move due to his dad's job.

I agree. Lets make the rules simple.

Simple. Contact your local AD or Principal and have the submit a bylaw that makes it simple the way you want. That can be considered in October and if the other schools in the state agree with your plan to make it simple, it will be passed.

From the Louisville Courier Journal:

"Clay Euton said the family looked at several options, including private schools in the Lexington area, before choosing Scott County. The Cardinals are a perennial power and won a state championship last season.

"He knew he would have some good teammates, and we looked at the facilities," Clay Euton said. "A big factor was the schedule the team was willing to play. That's really what helped us make our decision."

""One of his main goals is to win Mr. Kentucky," Clay Euton said. "If he wins it or not I don't know, but I didn't want to take away his chance."

Why say this????

Why not???? The guy can say anything he wants..He lost his job. He found a new job. He moved his family. End of story!!! Mr. Euton did nothing wrong but discuss some factors of why he decided on Scott Co for his son. He has a legit reason for the move...The last time I checked this is the United States of America.....

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

If its undisputed that his dad lost his job , I don't see where the comments by the dad come into play. I would think its a simple argument: I lost my job. I found a new job in Lexington. I chose a school for my son that, yes, is a strong b-ball school.

I don't see the problem. If the move was necessitated by the loss of a job, why does it matter what the reasons were for choosing a new school?

I agree! I see this going to court and Euton being ruled eligible. The courts will look and see that is was a bona fide change of residence, they sold their home in Ashland and bought one in Georgetown, end of story, overturned, he will be eligible.

The dad worked for Woolpert, Inc., until it closed its Ashland office. He has since taken a job with CMTA Engineering in Lexington.

So now the KHSAA won't allow people who lose their jobs to move and have their kids eligible for sports?

First and foremost, what is the main reason for the Euton's leaving?

Did Euton ever attend SC or have roots there? BIG difference when a kid has attended the school in middle school and was FORCED to move because a parent got a better job. The mother must have liked the Covington school system or she wouldn't have put her kids back in their ORIGINAL school when her job was cut and she got another one. NEXT.

Seriously it's a shame the kid may not be able to play but it's his parents fault, mainly his dad's for opening his mouth. I've said from day 1 I thought the MOVE was legit but the school chosen was for athletic purposes. As LABS said in an earlier post, Dakota's dad violated several rules with his comments which is the reason for the ruling.

Scott Co finally got burned. End of story. When you have 4 transfers coming in the same year, it's going to wave red flags. Euton just happened to be the one who didn't go about it the right way.(NO I'm not saying they recruited the kid.) Shotwell was also ruled ineligible. Why is nobody speaking about that? The KHSAA obviously has more information on the matter than what we know otherwise they wouldn't have made the ruling.