Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the Herald Leader, Euton ruled ineligible to play for Scott County. Jackson ruled eligible. Nothing mentioned about Tanner Shotwell.

I am surprised as I expected the rulings to be Euton eligible and Jackson ineligible. Or both ineligible. Looks like the Eutons will appeal. My guess is the KHSAA reverses eventually and allows him to play in the end.

I just cannot understand Jackson. My understanding is his family (mom) lives in Scott County. He moved to Ashland to attend the Boys school there. Then was basically taken in by the Euton family. Both he and Euton played for Rose hill. Now his "caretaker family" moves to Scott County. Jackson moves home to live with his mom in Scott County.

Maybe it was his dads comments in the Herald Leader about basketball being a factor in the move. But seems like Euton had legitimate reasons to move.

Again no obvious logic to the KHSAA. They need to clarify the rules and then enforce them.

Anyway, this will be very controversial. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Again no obvious logic to the KHSAA. They need to clarify the rules and then enforce them.

Anyway, this will be very controversial. Interesting to see how it plays out.

If Bylaws say transferring for athletic purposes only is illegal, and his dad is quoted in the LHL saying one of the reasons is for athletic purposes, it sure sounds like he sunk himself. Could have been more savvy about it.

Sounds like they are enforcing their rules...the KHSAA...lest we forget, there is some heat on Brigid as well, from what I have been told.

I even read a quote form Jackson's dad somewhere, that one of the reasons for their move was for him to play against better competition everyday.

It would be interesting to hear the logic of the KHSAA.

With Euton a UK recruit and also trying to play at Scott County, I cannot imagine the pressure that will be brought on the KHSAA.

In the end, I guess just too many potential D1 prospects transferring to the same school in too short a time frame.

It will be interesting to see if the KHSAA makes any further rulings about Shotwell, Flannery, or the Scott County program itself.

Edited by gswilder
spelling

If indeed it was a non-athletic purpose for the change of residence, it will be interesting to see if the family stays at their new residence, and the boy not play basketball, or will they move to a different locale somewhere to let him play. The answer might depend on job availability.....which of course in these days and times is tough. Does bread-winning trump basketball?

I have wondered about this. If the KHSAA rules him ineligible at Scott County, can he play somewhere else? For example, could he got back to Rose Hill and be eligible? (not saying he could do this considering his dad no longer has a job there)

Or if he tries to go to another school, does the KHSAA have to rule on his transfer again?

Just wondering.....

I would have thought that Jackson would be the one ruled ineligible. Either way I don't see the KHSAA reversing their decision. Hate to say it but "I told ya so." I figured one of the two would be ruled ineligible and it just ended up being Euton, but guess the KHSAA saw more than we know of.

Either way I still see SC winning the state title this year, will just have a few more losses and tougher time doing it.

My understanding is the Euton family moved because of employment purposes..I think the KHSAA is an absolute joke in more ways than one...:irked:

So he says...he was quoted saying basketball had something to do with it as well...Mr. Euton's comments may have cost his son his junior season...not the khsaa.

Everyone knows I thought both should have to sit out a year.

So he says...he was quoted saying basketball had something to do with it as well...Mr. Euton's comments may have cost his son his junior season...not the khsaa.

I thought he lost his job in Ashland???

But you didn't think that the Johnson brother should sit a year. Or that Housely should sit a year at Holmes.

:rolleyes:

Seems hypocritical.