Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yankees interested in C.C. Sabathia

Featured Replies

Why would they trade him to a team they may have to deal with in the AL playoffs down the road? I would put him in the NL.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need some help with pitching in several areas. We have one shutout all season.

As a Tribe fan I want him to stay. He's still a young pitcher and is only going to get better. He may be having a bad year so far but he will turn it around.

Do they have any prospects left to trade? Would prob have to deal Hughes and or Rasner.

 

I think he goes to the Cubbies, if hes dealt. They got a few prospects so does the Red Sox but I dont know if they would deal them.

Do they have any prospects left to trade? Would prob have to deal Hughes and or Rasner.

 

I think he goes to the Cubbies, if hes dealt. They got a few prospects so does the Red Sox but I dont know if they would deal them.

 

If the Red Sox wouldn't deal Lester, Buchholz, Masterson or Ellsbury for Johan Santana, they won't budge for Sabathia either.

I don't see the Yankees getting Sabathia. Like Cardsnation stated, the Indians may be in the race. And the Yankees are a good shot to be there. There the Yankees.

 

If Sabathia were to go anywhere, it may be to a team in the AL West or to the NL. I would guess Braves, Cardinals, Phillies, or Astros. And that's just speculating. C.C. has been pitching better in the past 3-4 games. His stock could rise if he has another couple of good outings.

From everything I understand with C.C. and his mental psyche, he is a great pitcher when he has no pressure. This makes sense if you think about it. Last season he was virtually under the radar and was arguably the best pitcher during the regular season. Once the postseason hit, the wheels came off.

 

This season his was the AL Cy Young favorite. He was a train wreck his first few starts and so the attention was diverted from C.C. Now that the attention is off him, he has turned it back on for the Tribe.

 

In other words (or in my Fruedian opinion :D), he would stink up the joint in the Bronx.

Can you imagine C.C. and Big Z as teammates? Talk about some volatile personalities!

I would expect them to be interested but I don't think they'll be willing to give up their front line prospects for what will probably amount to a half season rental. A long-term extension would be very risky--pitchers of C.C.'s ummmm "stature" can be a bigtime risk healthwise. He's also got quite a bit of mileage on the odometer for a 27 year old. He threw 256 innings last season including the playoffs and his ERA, WHIP and HRs Allowed are up noticably this season. I wouldn't want to give up front line prospects or have a 6 or 7 year contract invested in him.
Sabathia does have a lot of mileage on him, but he has been very good since four awful starts at the beginning of the season:

 

First four starts ... 18 IP, 32 H, 0-3, 13.50 ERA, 14 BB, 14 SO

Last 10 starts ... 81.1 IP, 69 H, 4-5, 2.38 ERA, 15 BB, 83 SO

Can you imagine C.C. and Big Z as teammates? Talk about some volatile personalities!
What is so volatile about Sabathia's personality?
What is so volatile about Sabathia's personality?

 

I just remember reading an article from ESPN The Magazine (I think) a while ago about how emotional he is and a big obstacle was him keeping his cool on the mound. I don't mean they would fight each other, but I wouldn't want to be a water cooler in the dugout.:D That being said, I think both have learned to keep their emotions much better in check, with the exception being Z's earlier meltdown.

Wong's injury adds some spice to this possibility. When you have an impatient owner , you sometimes make the big trade when you one of your ace pitchers go down.

 

You know some headline writer was lying in wait for him to get injured.

This sure wouldn't hurt but I don't know what they would have to give up to get him or if they would give up one of their top prospects.

I still think that the Yankees can get things togther and make a serious run.

 

"Yankee Universe" ....."Pride, Passion and Pinstripes". :flame:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.