What are some foods you have wanted to try, but haven't?

RockPride

I do a lot of my own flat bread pizzas....grouper is great, and that is the #1 thing that is mis-represented as far as seafood goes in restaurants....Frog legs are great, but they do require some work, for the benfit of chicken. I view them as a mere novelty more than anything, even though I do sell about 4 cases/week.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think the very best way to eat a tomato is as follows:

Slice a ripe tomato very ripe (beefsteak style), salt it generously with kosher salt, take some balsamic vinegar and reduce it by 2/3's, let cool. Chiffonade some fesh basil (cut in thin, long strips), then take some fresh mozzerella, hand pull it, and put it on the tomato. Top with cooled reduction, and basil....you have a great Caprese`...

I have never consumed, as an adult....

Tomato

Rice

Sushi

Cottage Cheese

Big Mac (correct, never had one)

Quarter Pounder (correct, never had one)

Mushrooms

As an adult?

One of my best memories is picking a ripe tomato from my parents' garden and eating it like an apple in the back yard. I can't believe you have not done that.

Add that to cottage cheese and you will be soooooooooo happy!

The rest.....you have not missed much.

I have always wanted to try alligator tail. I have heard from several people that it is good, but I have never been to a place that serves it, that I know of.
The best around here is at Ballyhoo's. Gator tail is good deep fried. My brother-in-law does it up right. Don't try to grill or smoke it, though. The meat turns into rubber.

Has anybody had a mess of Mountain Oysters?

I have had "Bull Fries", probably the same thing. I must say tht after many times of turning them down and saying no way to the person trying to get me to try them I finally caved just to shut him up. Result........I Loved them, they are delicious and no, they don't look like a lot of people have the picture in their mind that they would. I finally got to try alligator on a vacation a few years ago and loved it as well.

As for things I have not tried and woud love to I guess one would be Elk steaks/roast. I love venision (Deer) and have heard that Elk is as delicious. I also would love to try rattlesnake.

The other thread got me thinking about somethings that I have said I have always wanted to try, but simply haven't for one reason or another....Here are some of mine:

Fried Bologna - they sell this at the Bats games and I never have had, though people tend to rave about it.

Caviar - Don't really see how I could like it.

Lamb Fries - YEAH RIGHT

Haven't eaten fried bologna and you call yourself a Kentuckian? :scared:We may have to deport you to California or one of those other foriegn countries...... Cavair - where I come from we call that stuff bait...... Lamb Fries - taste just like Bull Fries. :D

I've always wanted to try Sushi but never did.

For those who haven't tried a fried bologna sandwich, go make one now. Fried is the only way I eat bologna. It's great.

A lot of people have never had frog legs. I love them.

I put Sushi in the same category as my description on cavair (above) and I certainly agree on the fried bologna. I also love frog legs.

Fried Bologna, you have got to try. We call it "Eastern Kentucky Bacon", or "poor man's steak".

I have always wanted to try alligator tail. I have heard from several people that it is good, but I have never been to a place that serves it, that I know of. I also would like to try rattle snake, I know that I have not been anywhere that serves it.

A big ol' :thumb::thumb: on both of your comments.