What are some foods you have wanted to try, but haven't?

RockPride

The other thread got me thinking about somethings that I have said I have always wanted to try, but simply haven't for one reason or another....Here are some of mine:

Fried Bologna - they sell this at the Bats games and I never have had, though people tend to rave about it.

Caviar - Don't really see how I could like it.

Sweet Breads - no way

Lamb Fries - YEAH RIGHT

Some that I was freaked out about and tried, found out I liked it:

Calamari, Bratwurst, Escargot, Eel, Sushi, Av0cado

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thread got me thinking about somethings that I have said I have always wanted to try, but simply haven't for one reason or another....Here are some of mine:

Fried Bologna - they sell this at the Bats games and I never have had, though people tend to rave about it.

Sweet Breads - no way

Lamb Fries - YEAH RIGHT

I used to not be a calamari fan but I had some at the Levee and it was good. I had it once at Cocoa Beach, Fla. and thats what really got me to be a fan of it. Oh, if you're ever at Newport On The Levee, you should go to Bar Louie and have the Buffalo Calamari. It's delish!!!

Bratwurst is awesome....especially with some sauer kraut on it with mustard.

Sweet Breads - no way

Lamb Fries - YEAH RIGHT

Man, that is a staple in Eastern Ky....expecially for breakfast.:thumb:

I eat bologna all the time, but I don't recall ever eating it fried. I've thought about it before, but it was just easier to throw it between two slices of bread with either mustard, ketchup, or Miracle Whip.

I've always wanted to try tuna, but I just can't get past the smell.

I want to try deer meat again. I had it when I was little and my cousin fixed some at a family picnic. I remember it being good, but I don't remember the taste at all. I just know he had a plate full of spices, which might have made it good.

I tried calamari for the first time last year at the Olive Garden of all places, and I loved it.

I tried lamb a few years back and absolutely hated it.

I've always wanted to try Sushi but never did.

For those who haven't tried a fried bologna sandwich, go make one now. Fried is the only way I eat bologna. It's great.

Calamari is delicious.

A lot of people have never had frog legs. I love them.

I've always wanted to try Sushi but never did.

For those who haven't tried a fried bologna sandwich, go make one now. Fried is the only way I eat bologna. It's great.

Calamari is delicious.

A lot of people have never had frog legs. I love them.

I think I will, thanks. Be back in a bit.

Ostrich. Heard it was good and good for you.

My husband once went to Jungle Jim's because he wanted to try rattlesnake. :scared: Fortunately the price kept him from actually bringing it home.

Ostrich is like beef. It's kind of stringy, though.

I have never consumed, as an adult....

Tomato

Rice

Sushi

Cottage Cheese

Big Mac (correct, never had one)

Quarter Pounder (correct, never had one)

Mushrooms

What?:scared: I can understand Sushi and cottage cheese, and even to a certain degree Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, and mushrooms. But, you have not consumed a tomato or rice?

Fried Bologna, you have got to try. We call it "Eastern Kentucky Bacon", or "poor man's steak".

I have always wanted to try alligator tail. I have heard from several people that it is good, but I have never been to a place that serves it, that I know of. I also would like to try rattle snake, I know that I have not been anywhere that serves it.

What?:scared: I can understand Sushi and cottage cheese, and even to a certain degree Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, and mushrooms. But, you have not consumed a tomato or rice?
Never on either. Maybe as a young K3, growing up and probably liked buttermilk but not as an adult. When I order a salad, I ask for no tomatoes. This why I also am not a big fan, of homemade spaghetti sauce or soup.

As for BigMac and QrtLB'er, I only like mustard so they frown on fixing those.

I ate lamb today for the first time--it was actually pretty good. Our Culinary Arts seniors are presenting their capstone projects and as the vocational administrator I have to judge the projects. There are four more capstone project presentations tomorrow morning :)