What are some foods you have wanted to try, but haven't?

RockPride

I have never consumed, as an adult....

Tomato

Are you saying that you have never had a sliced tomato, such as on a hamburger or in a salad, or are you saying that you have never had any form of tomato such as on pizza, chili, etc?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fried Bologna, you have got to try. We call it "Eastern Kentucky Bacon", or "poor man's steak".

I have always wanted to try alligator tail. I have heard from several people that it is good, but I have never been to a place that serves it, that I know of. I also would like to try rattle snake, I know that I have not been anywhere that serves it.

I have all white Alligator tail meat.....it is only $12.36 / lb...

I have never consumed, as an adult....

Tomato I love tomatoes, I bet one of your parents don't

Rice just goofy

Sushi you are truly missing out, and you can get a lot of it cooked

Cottage Cheese I wish I hadn't, it is 100% disgusting

Big Mac (correct, never had one) I actually have never had one my whole life either

Quarter Pounder (correct, never had one) I haven't had one in a long time, but used to love them

Mushrooms I would like to make them for you sometime

:lol:

I've never had ostrich so maybe it is worth it, however, you should defiantly

shell out about $1.79 / lb. for some bologna steaks.

I will say this...I remember hating bologna as a very young kid in Brooklyn, I have not tasted it since.....I am kind of freaked out about, though I think I need to try it.

Actually it kind of is...and is very good....that said, if you have had scallops at some odd ball places in the last decade you may have been really eating shark, belly actually....it's not nearly as prevalent now as it was in the late 90's.

I'm usually pretty careful about where I order seafood. A lot can go wrong if the kitchen help doesn't know what they're doing when preparing it. That said, I'd say I probably have had fake scallops at one time or another, just didn't know it.

Speaking of trying new stuff, if I'm out at a restaurant and they have something that I want to try, but I'm not sure if I'll like it, I'll only get it if I have a gift certificate or if I know someone else is buying. I hate spending money on something I don't like.

Are you saying that you have never had a sliced tomato, such as on a hamburger or in a salad, or are you saying that you have never had any form of tomato such as on pizza, chili, etc?
Never had a sliced tomato. Yes to paste but NO, to a tomato.

I ate sushi tonight for the first time and I REALLY liked it...Had a California roll, a Tuna roll, and a "Spider" roll....

California is ok at best, IMO...spicy tuna is good, I am not a big tempura fan, therefore I don't like the spider though my father freaks about it. Next time try the yum-yum, and the crunch munch, you will love them both.

You don't understand how picky I used to be when I ate. I've changed a lot. Heck I tried Aligator and Rattle Snake last year while I was in Denver!

I've still never had Frog Legs but heard they were good. I'm a fan of good calimari and fried bologna brings back old memories. I haven't had it in about 20 years but we used to eat the heck out of it when I was little. Bang Bang shrimp is another food that is really good if you go somewhere like BoneFish. Love Lobster and grouper too. I'm with strike, I've never had a quarter pounder or Big Mac and really have no desire for either.

Pizza Breads are great too. A lot of folks haven't had them but if there is a Giovanni's around you then I'd check it out.