What are some foods you have wanted to try, but haven't?

RockPride

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try just about anything, and have been fortunate enough to enjoy a number of oddball delicacies that just aren't on the everyday menu. I've heard good things about shark meat, but I've never had it. For those who have, is it like swordfish?

Fried Bologna, you have got to try. We call it "Eastern Kentucky Bacon", or "poor man's steak".

I have always wanted to try alligator tail. I have heard from several people that it is good, but I have never been to a place that serves it, that I know of. I also would like to try rattle snake, I know that I have not been anywhere that serves it.

My dad used to refer to fried bologna as railroad steak.

Life is not complete until you have eaten fried bologna.

My dad used to refer to fried bologna as railroad steak.

Life is not complete until you have eaten fried bologna.

Fried bologna is good. We don't eat it often, however it's not bad with toasted bread, mustard and pickles.

I picked up a pound of bologna tonight. I'm definitely going to try a fried bologna sandwich this weekend. For those who eat it all the time, what's the preferred condiment of choice?

I go condiment free, just 2 big think slices of bologna with a slice of american cheese between them. Mmm, Mmm Good.

I'll try just about anything, and have been fortunate enough to enjoy a number of oddball delicacies that just aren't on the everyday menu. I've heard good things about shark meat, but I've never had it. For those who have, is it like swordfish?

Actually it kind of is...and is very good....that said, if you have had scallops at some odd ball places in the last decade you may have been really eating shark, belly actually....it's not nearly as prevalent now as it was in the late 90's.

Ostrich. Heard it was good and good for you.

My husband once went to Jungle Jim's because he wanted to try rattlesnake. :scared: Fortunately the price kept him from actually bringing it home.

I can get you all the ostrich steaks you want at $23.38 / lb.