Eric Gagne

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if Gagne was juiced or not. I do know he's had multiple arm problems and surgeries, which can lead to a big loss in velocity.

And they all happened after the 70+ save season and after a lot of people were being tested for steroids.

And they all happened after the 70+ save season and after a lot of people were being tested for steroids.
Which could be simply a coincidence ... gee, is every guy that used to be good that isn't now going to be suspected of juicing?

Gagne had a bad knee in spring training one year, and Jim Tracy (Mr. Brilliant) threw him in a game where he was clearly favoring it. A lot of people felt his compensating for the knee in his delivery could have contributed some to his arm problems.

Which could be simply a coincidence ... gee, is every guy that used to be good that isn't now going to be suspected of juicing?

Gagne had a bad knee in spring training one year, and Jim Tracy (Mr. Brilliant) threw him in a game where he was clearly favoring it. A lot of people felt his compensating for the knee in his delivery could have contributed some to his arm problems.

Please....He went from starting for 3 years, 2 full years, to going to the bullpen and having saves of 52, 55, 45, then dropping off the map completely? I doubt it.. And "coincidentially" he dropped off when baseball started cracking down on steroids. Not saying injuries didn't play a role, but wonder why he had injury problems, it's known that once people stop taking steroids, that they have injury issues.

Unfortunately yes, when there's that big of a difference in velocity.