Paintsville's Landon Slone to UK

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously havent read that thread very thoroughly. Nobody has said Arrez should not be a walk-on at UK.

I have read the thread thoroughly! And did I say anyone said Arrez shouldn't walk on? NO! I am comparing the two threads on Arrez and Slone where most say Arrez isn't D-1 talent because of height but most believe Slone is, yet Arrez completely shut him down.

I have read the thread thoroughly! And did I say anyone said Arrez shouldn't walk on? NO! I am comparing the two threads on Arrez and Slone where most say Arrez isn't D-1 talent because of height but most believe Slone is, yet Arrez completely shut him down.

Nobody has said that Slone would ever contribute before his junior year. I think he will be lucky to contribute at all. I cant try to tell you guys anything though. You read what you want to read and twist it how you want to twist it.

This maybe a little hard for a lot of people to understand, but just because you shut someone down in a head to head matchup in high school, does not mean you are a better college prospect.

Case in point. There have been several games I have seen where someone has outplayed Scotty Hopson in a head to head matchup, but they don't have the potential Hopson does.

Now, as for this situation, both players would make very good walkons at UK! And, also both players would meet a different need on the team.

This maybe a little hard for a lot of people to understand, but just because you shut someone down in a head to head matchup in high school, does not mean you are a better college prospect.

Case in point. There have been several games I have seen where someone has outplayed Scotty Hopson in a head to head matchup, but they don't have the potential Hopson does.

Now, as for this situation, both players would make very good walkons at UK! And, also both players would meet a different need on the team.

Not saying Arrez is better prospect, if Slone has D1 potential then Arrez has just as much. That is my point.

Not saying Arrez is better prospect, if Slone has D1 potential then Arrez has just as much. That is my point.

Why? I'd say it would be a lot easier to teach Slone to be an above average defender than to get Arrez to become an above average offensive player.

I'm glad for this guy but do you guys really think he will play???

No, and I'm not sure he expects to play there either. It seems he may be using is as more of a springboard into coaching in the future... If he understands and accepts his limitations I don't know why it's so hard for everyone else to...

Why? I'd say it would be a lot easier to teach Slone to be an above average defender than to get Arrez to become an above average offensive player.

IMO you can teach shooting and offensive IQ (at least moreso than defensive IQ) but you can't teach quickness and defensive instincts.

But of course I have my "red colored glasses" on. :cool:

IMO you can teach shooting and offensive IQ (at least moreso than defensive IQ) but you can't teach quickness and defensive instincts.

But of course I have my "red colored glasses" on. :cool:

You are wrong! bell says so!:thumb: