Paintsville's Landon Slone to UK

So now we're equating a long-ago game between Oak Hill Academy and Alice Lloyd's JV team (boy, I bet the Warriors were up for that one) with a state quarterfinal game. Whatever.

You can trust me when I say - the Warriors were up for it. Slone has proven time and again that he can play. I'm not sure why we're trying to pick apart the game of a walkon.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, Morehead and Eastern are more low-major than mid-major. And apparently, neither one of them sees Slone that way ... maybe they're wrong, maybe they're not.

EKU has been to the NCAA tournament 2 out of the last 4 years. I can see your argument with Morehead St. as a program though. But I do believe they are up and coming. At any rate, I believe those are 2 programs that have made a mistake with Slone.

EKU has been to the NCAA tournament 2 out of the last 4 years. I can see your argument with Morehead St. as a program though. But I do believe they are up and coming. At any rate, I believe those are 2 programs that have made a mistake with Slone.
Have you seen the OVC's power ratings lately? I follow Murray State, but anyone that watches the league with any regularity knows that it's basically a low-major league right now.

Who is "picking apart" his game? No one is criticizing UK for taking Slone.

I guess we all misunderstood these statements:

No argument here, but Henderson's on-the-ball defense was the catalyst for that, too.

That just reinforces my point that Slone, in that game at least, had trouble scoring against Division I-caliber athletes.

I guess we all misunderstood these statements:

No argument here, but Henderson's on-the-ball defense was the catalyst for that, too.

That just reinforces my point that Slone, in that game at least, had trouble scoring against Division I-caliber athletes.

If you choose to interpret them that way, go right ahead.

I guess you missed my comments on Slone's offensive potential and the fact that UK has nothing to lose by bringing him in as a walk-on.

If you choose to interpret them that way, go right ahead.

I guess you missed my comments on Slone's offensive potential and the fact that UK has nothing to lose by bringing him in as a walk-on.

All I'm saying is that you can't judge anything on one game. :ylsuper:

Thats foolish why would you bring negativity to this thread??

Congrats to Sloan. From what I have been told by some people I know in Paintsville Sloan will go the first year as a prefered walk on and be given a scholarship the next year. Word also has it that Richie Farmer was VERY instrumental in this.

Hmmm … could be what this conversation was about?

IMG_0153.jpg

Here's what I find funny about this thread: All these people rattling off the whole "I'm sure BCG knows a lot more than the rest of us" comments. Especially when I can almost guarantee that a minor amount of investigation would find a number of the same people second-guessing Tubby's coaching maneuvers the last few years.

Here's what I find funny about this thread: All these people rattling off the whole "I'm sure BCG knows a lot more than the rest of us" comments. Especially when I can almost guarantee that a minor amount of investigation would find a number of the same people second-guessing Tubby's coaching maneuvers the last few years.

Hindsight is always 20/20!!

Against Arrez he only scored 7 points buit I think that if you can put up 35 against a bunch of Louisville boys you can flat out play. I truly see Landon possibly being a Cameron Mills. Besides he is a whole lot better than Mark Krebs or the other walk-ons.

I'm glad for this guy but do you guys really think he will play???

IMO, not at UK. He's a good player but not a big time D-I player. If he wants to play, he should look at other options. If he's satisfied with being a practice squad player and a member of a successful program, go to UK. I wish him the best.