Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This slam's for you, 98!

Dickie V - what say you? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Dickie V - what say you?

    • Love him!
      48%
      31
    • Ehhhh ... could do without the guy.
      26%
      17
    • Indifferent
      25%
      16

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'll go ahead and be the one to say it: While I'm glad the man's healthy again, I didn't miss Dick Vitale one iota while he was gone.

 

Yes, I appreciate all he does and has done for college hoops. His enthusiasm is incredible. But the guy freakin' grates on me like you wouldn't believe. I wish he would retire as an announcer to a lucrative career in motivational speaking.

 

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

He's Awesome with a capitol A!!!! :banana:

I'll go ahead and be the one to say it: While I'm glad the man's healthy again, I didn't miss Dick Vitale one iota while he was gone.

 

Yes, I appreciate all he does and has done for college hoops. His enthusiasm is incredible. But the guy freakin' grates on me like you wouldn't believe. I wish he would retire as an announcer to a lucrative career in motivational speaking.

 

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

 

 

Count me in.

He's the same as any of the other announcers/analysts to me. He's just something to listen to when a timeout is called.

 

I could do without him but he doesn't bother me at all.

He's kind of like Chris Berman in that he used to be original and liven up a broadcast, now he's kind of a caricature. I totally respect him and his work with the V foundation, but I hate to hear him on a broadcast.

I like him as a person, and don't mind him calling games that I have no interest in. He's fine calling UNC vs. Duke, but I don't want him calling UK vs. Florida.

I try not to watch any games he calls....Completely takes away from the actual game IMO.

Truth be told I don't pay much attention to the analysts. Too busy watching the action. And if I am watching it away from the ball I usually tune them out.

He is the man! The most passionate announcer in any sport!

I'll add Dick Vitale to the list.....:D

 

I LOVE Dickie V with a capital V BABY!

 

GREAT for college basketball!

He is good for College BBall but he gets on my Nerves with a capital N.

The game wouldn't be the same without him. He truly loves the sport and the kids who play.

FREEZE IT!

 

His energy and enthusiasm are undeniable. But I could do without the above exclamation several times per game.

Dick Vitale is GREAT, he has a passion for the game and he actually knows what he is talking about and is always positive. Yes, he sometimes goes overboard - especially about Duke and UNC but I still would rather listen to him than practically anyone. Especially most anyone on ESPN :rolleyes: - most of their commentators are jokes.

 

Welcome Back Dick Vitale!!!!!:flame:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.