Mason County 90 Elliott County 61

You're right but I've seen both games with Montgomery Co. this year and they are no match for Mason and they just beat Clark Co. bad so I'm pretty sure they won't let their guards down this year. There is no guarntee's in anything but this is the closest thing to it.:ylsuper:[/QUO

How are they no match for Mason, playing them close both games this year?

I think the first game was 14 I don't call that close. The second game Downing didn't play so with him I don't think they can beat Mason.JMO.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ferguson would be a risky chance (at this point) for a major college coach. I think he shoots it well enough to play D-1 but he needs work on shot selection and his size will scare off a lot of coaches. He basically needs some real coaching and he could be a real surprise. If he improves a lot over the summer someone will take the chance. I really hope he gets a chance because from what I hear he has worked really hard at his game.

Sounds like a Mason Co. player from a few years back. His size scared many major college coaches away, but someone took a chance and look how it turned out. Not saying that he is the same kid of player as I have only seen the kid once. But, he impressed me with his contested shots tonight.

Well, you obviuosly weren't there the 1st time then, it was alot closer than 14.:thumb:

Either way 14 or 40. It goes in the W column. Mason will have their hands full if, and when they meet up with the Indians again. Tournament time is the best time of the year... other than Christmas... Only time will tell.

What I want to know is why won't they pull the stage bleachers out. My gosh that place was packed and hot. How many people do you all guess was there tonight? I'm going with 3700-4000. I hope Elliott makes it to Rupp, I like their style of play. Hope all the Lion fans made it home safe.

LIGHTS OUT--Now that is a classy comment. thanks and I hope Mason does well and gets to Rupp also. Before long all of us (except a few red clad UL fans) are going to be rooting Mr. Miller on at UK. Hopefully, if we both get to Rupp we can at least give the fans their money's worth. If not, then we may can stand tall and say we lost to the State Champs!!! Good luck to the Royals!!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to oldveteran for the updates earlier. I had no other way to get the game. I didn't think Mason would win by that margin...but thats bball ! Elliott Co. has a few more games to prepare this season....and next year they will be even better so never say never ! Elliott Co. does have a very fun group to watch and I hope they enjoy every minute they play together , its gone before you know it.

Well, you obviously weren't there the 1st time then, it was alot closer than 14.:thumb:

I was there, and Montgomery did play them close in the first 3 quarters I believe they even led at halftime but Mason pulled away late, and I know it was double figures and I think it was 14. Some die hard Mason fan should be able to tell us exactly what it was.

:argue:

Okay, well remove Ferguson from Elliot County. He almost scored half of their points, and the 2 Faulkners. You can say the same thing about any team out there. Well, duh, if you remove 3 or 4 of any team's starters, there is going to be some difference in how good they are.

Your missing the point. What I'm saying is enrollment wise Elliott, while not in the same league as the big boys are a good team... If Mason had Elliott's enrollment {no bias for ball players) would they be where they are at??

I would say that Ferguson reminds alot of Preston LeMaster only better. He has a pretty good first step that creates a little room in his release. He has got really good handles and seems to always be in control. I can see why a D1 school would look his way.

Your missing the point. What I'm saying is enrollment wise Elliott, while not in the same league as the big boys are a good team... If Mason had Elliott's enrollment {no bias for ball players) would they be where they are at??

For the sake of saving time, what is Elliott's enrollment? Just curious.

I would say that Ferguson reminds alot of Preston LeMaster only better. He has a pretty good first step that creates a little room in his release. He has got really good handles and seems to always be in control. I can see why a D1 school would look his way.

Hope he does better than what LeMaster did on the court at UK wherever he goes.

If Mason County had an emrollment 50 students smaller than Elliott County's but their student body included the 15 or so players that are on their team right now, I predict that they would beat Elliott County by about 29 points. Just going out on a limb here

I was there, and Montgomery did play them close in the first 3 quarters I believe they even led at halftime but Mason pulled away late, and I know it was double figures and I think it was 14. Some die hard Mason fan should be able to tell us exactly what it was.

The Indians were down 5 with about 2 minutes to go, and yes Mason did pull away slightly with freethrows when the Indians were in scramble mode on defense trying to go for steals. But as you have stated earlier, they were in it in the late stretch of the game and could of had a chance to pull it out, all I am saying is for you to say the Indians are "no match" for the Royals playing them twice pretty much down to the wire both times they have met this year gives people the picture that Mason has and will walk all over Montgomery when they really have not and will not whenever the next meeting is between them:thumb:. I am done discussing this topic, this is not the forum for it. But again congrats to Mason on the win and representing the 10th well.;)