No way UK makes the NCAA tournament this year

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate UK, I am just not a fan. I do watch every game, but I don't like them. I didn't say that either. I just don't see why UK fans bash Bradley and Crawford all the time. If those two were not on this team, then Kentucky fans would love to have a 6-7 record because without those two it would be a whole lot worse.

To get 18 wins in the regular season? If so they would have to go 12-4 in the SEC, and that would put them at 18-11. I just don't see that happening..

If they go 12-4 in the SEC and finish 18-11, they're in. However, they could also win a game or two in the SEC tourney to make things a little better. If they finish up with 13 or more losses, I think they don't have a prayer without winning the SEC tourney.

If they go 12-4 in the SEC and finish 18-11, they're in. However, they could also win a game or two in the SEC tourney to make things a little better. If they finish up with 13 or more losses, I think they don't have a prayer without winning the SEC tourney.

Going 12-4 in the SEC just looks, like an unbelievable task for Kentucky. How can a team who loses to G.W. at home, go 12-4 in the SEC, a down SEC at that? I see them going 6-10, maybe 7-9 at best...

Going 12-4 in the SEC just looks, like an unbelievable task for Kentucky. How can a team who loses to G.W. at home, go 12-4 in the SEC, a down SEC at that? I see them going 6-10, maybe 7-9 at best...

Stranger things have happened. It all depends on whether the coach can get the team together and make improvements. I haven't seen alot of improvement, yet, but who knows.

From what I see, they're having a hard time adjusting to the new system more than anything. They looked lost at times on offense, but they'll be alright. Give him a couple of years to get the system going and get his own players there and we'll be alright.

Yeah you can.

Meeks was injured while playing GW and you didn't have Jasper.

Patterson AND Jasper didn't play in the Houston game.

Now San Diego, I will give you and the game that I soured some on Billy G.

When the players that you expected to lead this team (Meeks, Jasper and Patterson) are not there and leading the team falls on the shoulders of Bradley and Crawford, you are in trouble.

No you cant!

Also I did forget however about Patterson in the Houston game, so that will be two games then that injuries played a factor in...However in the Gardner Webb game, that team put up over 80 points on us. Jasper is not going to make that huge of a difference in that game, and well Meeks still played and even a not 100 percent Meeks should be able to help us win that game (also if he was so injured then Billy G should have never been playing him.) So no you can't blame that Gardner Webb lost on injuries at all, because we flat out got DOMINATED. If it was a game that went down to the wire, then I could see your point, but however that game was never even close. Then even you say the San Diego lost was bad, because we did have everyone and still lost to a BAD TEAM ON OUR OWN HOME COURT. So I admit I was wrong, I said we maybe could only blame 1 loss on the injuries. But we probably could blame two losses on injuries since Patterson missed the Houston game. However I not convinced that we would have even won that game even if Patterson played, but it sure couldn't have hurt..However no matter what, UK should have never have lost some of the games they have this year...

From what I see, they're having a hard time adjusting to the new system more than anything. They looked lost at times on offense, but they'll be alright. Give him a couple of years to get the system going and get his own players there and we'll be alright.

I dont know what games you have been watching. But our offense is the least of our problems. Our defense is horrible and this is the main reason for most of the losses this year...

I dont know what games you have been watching. But our offense is the least of our problems. Our defense is horrible and this is the main reason for most of the losses this year...

I didn't realize we were such a well oiled machine on offense. I guess I must have dreamt up all the turnovers we've been getting.

Unless they win the SEC tournament.

At 6-7, 20 wins, I don't think guarantees them a spot with losses to San Diego and Gardner Webb and Houston.

20 wins is a bubble team. And the losses to those 3 will pull that bubble team under.

The ONLY hope they have is they will have to dominate the SEC to get to 20 wins. And that ain't going to happen.

Now the question is how many wins do they have to get to, to get a NIT bid and THEN do they accept a NIT bid.

Don't say no way, least not yet, lets give them another week or two before we shut the door on our Cats.

That is true, but Patterson does shoot just as much as Bradley and Crawford. Which means he has the ball in his hands quite a bit as well. Those two do handle the ball more than anyone else, but I'm just saying. I don't understand why people bash Crawford and Bradley, because if UK didn't have those two, this year would be 10 times worse...

Let's get the facts straight first:

-Crawford has taken 160 shots and made 46%. He's shooting 29% from three-point range.

-Bradley has taken 116 shots and made 46%. He's also shooting 46% from three-point range.

-Both Crawford and Bradley average 3.6 rebounds per game. Crawford has four more turnovers than assists and Bradley has seven more assists than turnovers.

-Patterson has taken 132 shots and made 62%. He averages 8 rebounds per game and has eight more turnovers than assists.

While I agree that UK probably is best with Bradley and Crawford, that doesn't mean they get a free ride. Patterson makes the team go and his numbers show it. Crawford doesn't start, yet has taken 28 more shots than anyone on the team? And the percentage says he shouldn't. He can't guard me...Michael Porter has five more steals this year than Crawford. While not the point guard, his assist-to-turnover ratio is negative.

That, my friend, is why people in Kentucky don't like Joe Crawford.

Their best chance to make the NCAA Tourny at this point seems to be this...assuming Meeks, Jasper and the rest stay healthy, they need to work hard, try to improve and try to develop some team chemistry with a healthy roster...and hopefully, they can win some games and do well in the SEC and make a run in the conference tournament. Depending on how well they do with the regular season SEC schedule, I'm guessing they'll either have to get to the conference tournament championship game, or win the whole thing. Most likely the latter...

No doubt they would accept a NIT bid. Give me a break, they are not above that. Look at the last two NIT winners, WVU and USC. Both of those teams were a lot better than UK is right now.

If Billy doesn't magically find a big man for next year, things are only going to get worse. Like it or not........