No way UK makes the NCAA tournament this year

ladiesbballcoach

Its not that hard to forget when you realize they had key injuries and a new coach. I'll make 18 games the magic number. If they win 18 games, they're in. I don't know that they will do that, but I think they can.

I can't see that. They didnt really have key injuries, Patterson was out one game that was there only true key injury. People always talk about Jasper, I don't see whats so special about him??? Meeks played versus S.D. and G-Webb. Home losses to those two teams are ruining their resume.

I don't think the selection committee will put too much weight into the theory that it takes time for a coach to get players to buy into their system.... Minnesota seems to have bought into Tubby's system pretty quick?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If KY wins 20 games they are in. The fact of the matter is if they are on the bubble, they are in based on the name of the jersey. You will never see a Duke, Kansas, UNC, UCLA, UK, or IND not get in on the bubble opposed to teams like lets say Oregon and Texas Tech. To much money for the NCAA to lose. Secondly if they win 20 games, The Tourney commity often looks at bubble teams and of those teams its likes to choose who is playing the hottest. If UK wins 20 games they would have to win 14 of there last 20 or something like that. Not saying it will happen, but if UK wins 20 games, they are NCAA tourney bound.

If you guys are watching the same team i am there's no way they get invited to any tournament.There has been no improvement from day one.They just got it handed to them by an overrated Louisville team on thier home court.I say 3-13 or 4-12 which makes them 9-20 or 10-19.By the way things are not getting any better for next year either.Miller and Liggins replacing Crawford and Bradley isn't going to make this team any better.Who do you see on this team making leaps and bounds from this year to next.It's going to be a long couple of years.I never thought I would ever see the day that I was looking forward to spring training for the Reds in Jan.

If KY wins 20 games they are in. The fact of the matter is if they are on the bubble, they are in based on the name of the jersey. You will never see a Duke, Kansas, UNC, UCLA, UK, or IND not get in on the bubble opposed to teams like lets say Oregon and Texas Tech. To much money for the NCAA to lose. Secondly if they win 20 games, The Tourney commity often looks at bubble teams and of those teams its likes to choose who is playing the hottest. If UK wins 20 games they would have to win 14 of there last 20 or something like that. Not saying it will happen, but if UK wins 20 games, they are NCAA tourney bound.

I usually say the same thing. I know I mentioned that the last few years when people tried to say UK might not make it...However there is one thing different about this years team, and that is the REALLY BAD LOSSES we have on our resume now. Your right those teams you mentioned usually would get in because of their name, just like UK. However those teams usually also wouldn't have the bad losses like we have had. I mean if we would of had a couple of these bad losses the last two years to cupcake teams, then we probably wouldn't have made it either. I mean the SEC is down, so we are not going to make much ground in that either, even if we get to 20 wins, because unless we bout UT and Vandy a couple of times, then we wont have any actual "good wins" on our resume and will still have some bad losses. Now we really need to hope that teams like UAB and Houston dont really start to do bad, or else that would be two more bad losses on our resume to go with Gardner Webb and San Diego. We are really going to have to dominate the SEC and win games over UT and Vandy, and do really well in the SEC tournament to even have a shot at making the tourny this year..