No way UK makes the NCAA tournament this year

ladiesbballcoach

Unless they win the SEC tournament.

At 6-7, 20 wins, I don't think guarantees them a spot with losses to San Diego and Gardner Webb and Houston.

20 wins is a bubble team. And the losses to those 3 will pull that bubble team under.

The ONLY hope they have is they will have to dominate the SEC to get to 20 wins. And that ain't going to happen.

Now the question is how many wins do they have to get to, to get a NIT bid and THEN do they accept a NIT bid.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that UK would accept a NIT bid, and I don't believe they'll receive one either. Make it through the year, concentrate on keeping players and brining in new ones, and let's get back to it next year. Barring a miracle, this season is a loss.

We knew that coming in, I think. Only the most unrealistic, pollyannaish UK fan would look at this roster and think, "Yeah, there's a standout team."

WITHOUT INJURIES, this team should make the NCAA tournament. The losses to San Diego, GW and Houston have put them in a hole that they cannot get out of. They win those 3 and they stand at 9 wins with possibility of 10 or 11 depending on what they did in NYC.

Only have to win 11 games in SEC to get to that magic number of 20 with no BAD LOSSES.

Now they have to win 14 and still have 2 bad and 1 not-so-good losses on their record.

I don't see them dominating the SEC. I see them going 6-10, 7-9 at best in the SEC, and that would get them to 12-17, or 13-16. With those kind of records, that would have to WIN the SEC tournament just to get in, and well we all know that's probably not going to happen. I don't even see them in the NIT. And if they did make the NIT, they would probably get drilled in their opening game...

WITHOUT INJURIES, this team should make the NCAA tournament. The losses to San Diego, GW and Houston have put them in a hole that they cannot get out of. They win those 3 and they stand at 9 wins with possibility of 10 or 11 depending on what they did in NYC.

Only have to win 11 games in SEC to get to that magic number of 20 with no BAD LOSSES.

Now they have to win 14 and still have 2 bad and 1 not-so-good losses on their record.

The really sad thing is, if you really look at it. You really can't blame injuries for losses to those three teams you mentioned. Against Gardner Webb Meeks played, and we still lost by double digits. Even if Jasper plays I dont think it makes any difference that game because we got dominated. For the Houston game, Meeks played all game long, but well once again even in that game having Jasper probably dont help get us a win. Then the San Diego game, we had both of them and we still lost. There is only one game this year, that we can maybe blame on injuries for losing and that is the UAB game. Because if we have a healthy Meeks and Jasper, I dont think we blow that big lead and let that one guy just completley go off on us. So honestly we really should stop using injuries as an excuse for this team, it really has only cost us one game that we could have won. This team is just a flat out bad team right now, and coach Billy G is not doing that good of a job coaching them at the moment...

The really sad thing is, if you really look at it. You really can't blame injuries for losses to those three teams you mentioned. Against Gardner Webb Meeks played, and we still lost by double digits. Even if Jasper plays I dont think it makes any difference that game because we got dominated. For the Houston game, Meeks played all game long, but well once again even in that game having Jasper probably dont help get us a win. Then the San Diego game, we had both of them and we still lost. There is only one game this year, that we can maybe blame on injuries for losing and that is the UAB game. Because if we have a healthy Meeks and Jasper, I dont think we blow that big lead and let that one guy just completley go off on us. So honestly we really should stop using injuries as an excuse for this team, it really has only cost us one game that we could have won. This team is just a flat out bad team right now, and coach Billy G is not doing that good of a job coaching them at the moment...

Well said. Injuries have had nothing to do with this. I agree with everything you just said. This team is just flat our bad...

Yeah you can.

Meeks was injured while playing GW and you didn't have Jasper.

Patterson AND Jasper didn't play in the Houston game.

Now San Diego, I will give you and the game that I soured some on Billy G.

When the players that you expected to lead this team (Meeks, Jasper and Patterson) are not there and leading the team falls on the shoulders of Bradley and Crawford, you are in trouble.

Yeah you can.

Meeks was injured while playing GW and you didn't have Jasper.

Patterson AND Jasper didn't play in the Houston game.

Now San Diego, I will give you and the game that I soured some on Billy G.

When the players that you expected to lead this team (Meeks, Jasper and Patterson) are not there and leading the team falls on the shoulders of Bradley and Crawford, you are in trouble.

Not really. Bradley averages 14.8 points, 3.1 assists, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.5 turnovers a game. Crawford averages 16.1 points, 2.4 assists, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.7 turnovers a game. A lot of people hate on those two and I really don't see why. Sure, maybe they are not playing up to their full ability, but still...

Not really. Bradley averages 14.8 points, 3.1 assists, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.5 turnovers a game. Crawford averages 16.1 points, 2.4 assists, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.7 turnovers a game. A lot of people hate on those two and I really don't see why. Sure, maybe they are not playing up to their full ability, but still...

Those averages are padded as they either disappear at key times or appear turning the ball over too much or taking inappropriate shots. Both Billy G and Bradley said he was a key reason to the UL defeat on Sat despite him scoring well.

What does it say when your POINT GUARD is averaging more rebounds than assists? Neither of them make their teammates better. And they are not going to win games on their own. Not to mention both are HORRIBLE on defense.

I would love to know how many points and assists per game the person that them two are guarding is averaging per game.