Jim Rome On Chad Johnson and The Fans

On Jim Romes show today he talked about Chad Johnson, and the talk of fans wanting him traded..And well he was pretty much right on the money with every single thing he said..He said does Chad Johnson like getting attention on himself, yeah definitely. But does he care more about having attention on himself and celebrating, than he does winning, Absolutely not! He talked about alot of the things that I have tried to get across to some of you on here. He says is Chad the reason why the defense cant stop anybody? Is Chad the guy who has drafted guys that can't get on the field cause of suspensions? Is Chad the guy who brought in players who get arrested? Is Chad the guy who cant establish the running game? He said the thought of trading Chad is pretty much crazy, and would not help the team, and that Chad is not the reason for why the Bengals are underachieving...Jim Rome was pretty much right on the money today when talking about Chad. I know if any of you all can find away to some how watch it, then you all should because it was really good...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Jim Romes show today he talked about Chad Johnson, and the talk of fans wanting him traded..And well he was pretty much right on the money with every single thing he said..He said does Chad Johnson like getting attention on himself, yeah definitely. But does he care more about having attention on himself and celebrating, than he does winning, Absolutely not! He talked about alot of the things that I have tried to get across to some of you on here. He says is Chad the reason why the defense cant stop anybody? Is Chad the guy who has drafted guys that can't get on the field cause of suspensions? Is Chad the guy who brought in players who get arrested? Is Chad the guy who cant establish the running game? He said the thought of trading Chad is pretty much crazy, and would not help the team, and that Chad is not the reason for why the Bengals are underachieving...Jim Rome was pretty much right on the money today when talking about Chad. I know if any of you all can find away to some how watch it, then you all should because it was really good...

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I would love to see how somebody can disagree with him on this...

Was he right on the Money because you agree with him?:rolleyes:

Rome might want to address this to the media. Im not sure the fans want him traded.

I don't know how he actually feels about getting his personal attention. But I don't care who you are, you can look at Carson and the other decent guys on this team and see that his antics are a distraction. From Carson ripping the Ocho Cinko off his jersey to arguing on the sidelines and in the locker room, he is a flat out distraction. Babying him because he might "shut down" is absolutely wrong also. He is paid millions to do just the opposite. :mad:

I don't know how he actually feels about getting his personal attention. But I don't care who you are, you can look at Carson and the other decent guys on this team and see that his antics are a distraction. From Carson ripping the Ocho Cinko off his jersey to arguing on the sidelines and in the locker room, he is a flat out distraction. Babying him because he might "shut down" is absolutely wrong also. He is paid millions to do just the opposite. :mad:

Jim Rome is the great defender of the spoiled athlete. Give me a break. SuperB, why should a professional athlete be expected to do the job he is payed for in a selfless, professional manner? Thats just crazy.:rolleyes: Everything mentioned in that article is true. The thing that I do not understand is people failing to realize that Chad's selfish antics are as big of a detriment to the Bengals program as anything else mentioned in that article.

BTW, Jim Rome's knowledge of what it takes to have a winning football program wouldn't fill a thimble. Who is going to be quoted next, Jerry Springer?

Chad's an all pro WR and likes to enojy the game while he's playing. People this day and age probably would've complained about the way Jesus healed people 2,000 years ago if they were there to see it. Everyone has some gripe about someone else, it's really just sad any more.

Chad's an all pro WR and likes to enojy the game while he's playing. People this day and age probably would've complained about the way Jesus healed people 2,000 years ago if they were there to see it. Everyone has some gripe about someone else, it's really just sad any more.

The way society has changed in this day and age is the only reason that his antics are found to be the least bit acceptable.

Although I do believe that C.J.'s antics / arrognce / wanting all the attention on him is a problem I will have to say that I agreee that is in no way that he can be blamed for all of the Bengals problems. There is plenty of blame to go around. I really am doubting M. Lewis more and more where I always defended him. Something has to be done. Find a freakin' running game, draft quality people and not thugs (the Bengals reputation is a joke.........and should be).

IMO the Bengals were heading in the right direction but the have "snatched defeat from the jaws of victory" so to speak. There is enough blame to go around from the upper management to coaching and all the way down. Does anyone else wonder how long Palmer will want to stay with this team?

Like said, I thought that things were heading back in the right direction but I was wrong..........right now this team and organization Suck and I don't like him but in no way can C.J. be blamed for all of it !