Class A playoffs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a dog in the fight, but I have seen Hazard, Lynn Camp, and Cumberland, and Hazrd is head and shoulders better. Im rooting for the Harlan County boys(Cland), and I am good friends with Dave Mitchell but, facts are facts, Hazard just has to many weapons!! I hope I am wrong!!

Dont forget about the Green Devils of Dayton! They can be surprising! and our currently 8-1 :ylsuper:

I am sure Bellevue hasn't forgotten them nor will surprise anyone. They have had a great yr w/a great record. They still have to get past Bellevue, their arch rival then beat the #1 rated team in the state which to me, means nothing. Everyone will be 0-0 come playoffs.

I am sure Bellevue hasn't forgotten them nor will surprise anyone. They have had a great yr w/a great record. They still have to get past Bellevue, their arch rival then beat the #1 rated team in the state which to me, means nothing. Everyone will be 0-0 come playoffs.

Exactly and anyone can beat anyone on a given night. Dayton wont look past Bellevue and thats for sure, but I seem them beating them again, and maybe just maybe they can put one perfect game together for Beechwood (maybe?).

Exactly and anyone can beat anyone on a given night. Dayton wont look past Bellevue and thats for sure, but I seem them beating them again, and maybe just maybe they can put one perfect game together for Beechwood (maybe?).

That would require Dayton's best game and Beechwood's worst. But I can tell you that both teams will be extremely fired up and I know that Beechwood will not think of Dayton lightly.

That would require Dayton's best game and Beechwood's worst. But I can tell you that both teams will be extremely fired up and I know that Beechwood will not think of Dayton lightly.

I've never known Beechwood to take any playoff game lightly.

The East teams seem to be very well balanced. The Hazard/LCA game will definately determine who will be the prohibitive favorite to reach the carpet. Having seen Hazard and Pikeville in person, and the accounts of LCA from Breathitt Countians and Corbin folks the resounding weakness of the EKY teams is lineplay and stopping the run.

This rematch is a possibility, but although raceland edged the Eagles in the season, you may want to check the schedules. In every game against mutual teams, Fairview has completely out played Raceland. I know that doesn't mean diddly when they play just something to think about. But whoever does win, likely goes to Lexington for what I think will be a very long night, LCA should dominate this distict in playoffs, too much talent and too good of a coaching staff.

Well, I see your point, but you can't use that as an indicator because when play any team it's about how you match up with them, not the common opponent. As for LCA, if Raceland is fortunate enough to get by Fairview, I think they match up well with LCA, which is a passing team. Raceland has held their own against passing teams. Also, they had six starters out when they played at LCA earlier in the year...makes a huge difference. Three big plays killed them earlier at LCA, and those starters being out was a huge loss (starting backfield plus two LB's and a lineman). They still would have a huge task, but i like their chances with everyone healthy.

Have to get by Fairview first!:thumb:

This is true but stranger things have happened. Dayton has been playing much better since they switched around qb's. When they played Beechwood Ellis was still at qb.

This is true but stranger things have happened. Dayton has been playing much better since they switched around qb's. When they played Beechwood Ellis was still at qb.

Dayton would probably have to play a near perfect game but it happened to Beechwood in 2000 when they were probably the best team but got upset.

Never stated that did I?:confused:

Sorry, my way of being funny. You commented how much better Dayton is playing, like Beechwood hasn't improved at all since playing Dayton. Well, let me tell you a little secret. Beechwood is ready to go, it's playoff time and this is why they have lifted wts since last Jan and conditioned so hard all summer. I am sure others do the same but this is the best conditioned team I have watched at Beechwood in several yrs.