Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class A playoffs

Featured Replies

  • Replies 81
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have one thought. Mayfield better put on their BIG BOY BRITCHES if they want to have ANY success in the postseason. They have been stinking up the field the past two weeks and are in desperate need of some LEADERSHIP. They face a MUCH improved Crittendon Co. squad in the first round that has pulled a 180 since the beginning of the season

 

Fulton City looks to make even bigger statements before the year is over. They are rolling.

 

Sounds like Frankfort and Beechwood have been pretty dominant with respect to their schedules this year. There is a word synonymous with each team:

Frankfort- SPEED

Beechwood- SIZE

playoff thoughts?

 

Ask again in 2 weeks!

for the East, i don't know much so i am just going to give my objective opinion........

 

Hazard is 8-0 but I don't see a single team on thier schedule that appears to be really successful this year, so they are somewhat of a hard read. they might be legit, they might not. I don't know.

 

Lexington christian appears to be the front runner. They are 7-2 with their only losses coming to Corbin and Breathitt, which are two teams having awesome seasons. Their last game will be with the previously mentioned Hazard. I don't know if this game decides anything playoff wise, but it sure will give a big boost of momentum going into the postseason.

 

Raceland and Pikeville are the other two teams left that appear to be legit contenders. Raceland is 6-2 with losses coming to Lex Christian and EAST CARTER. Pikeville is 6-3 with their losses coming to Lex Cath, Belfry, and Prestonsburg, all of which are having great seasons also.

 

So i guess what im saying is.....Lex Christian is the favorite, followed by Pikeville, then Hazard, then Raceland......

 

I live in Murray, KY and know nothing abou these teams, and its just an objective opinion, so don't be mad at me..... :)

for the East, i don't know much so i am just going to give my objective opinion........

 

Hazard is 8-0 but I don't see a single team on thier schedule that appears to be really successful this year, so they are somewhat of a hard read. they might be legit, they might not. I don't know.

 

Lexington christian appears to be the front runner. They are 7-2 with their only losses coming to Corbin and Breathitt, which are two teams having awesome seasons. Their last game will be with the previously mentioned Hazard. I don't know if this game decides anything playoff wise, but it sure will give a big boost of momentum going into the postseason.

 

Raceland and Pikeville are the other two teams left that appear to be legit contenders. Raceland is 6-2 with losses coming to Lex Christian and EAST CARTER. Pikeville is 6-3 with their losses coming to Lex Cath, Belfry, and Prestonsburg, all of which are having great seasons also.

 

So i guess what im saying is.....Lex Christian is the favorite, followed by Pikeville, then Hazard, then Raceland......

 

I live in Murray, KY and know nothing abou these teams, and its just an objective opinion, so don't be mad at me..... :)

 

Pretty good from someone not around here!

for the East, i don't know much so i am just going to give my objective opinion........

 

Hazard is 8-0 but I don't see a single team on thier schedule that appears to be really successful this year, so they are somewhat of a hard read. they might be legit, they might not. I don't know.

 

Lexington christian appears to be the front runner. They are 7-2 with their only losses coming to Corbin and Breathitt, which are two teams having awesome seasons. Their last game will be with the previously mentioned Hazard. I don't know if this game decides anything playoff wise, but it sure will give a big boost of momentum going into the postseason.

 

Raceland and Pikeville are the other two teams left that appear to be legit contenders. Raceland is 6-2 with losses coming to Lex Christian and EAST CARTER. Pikeville is 6-3 with their losses coming to Lex Cath, Belfry, and Prestonsburg, all of which are having great seasons also.

 

So i guess what im saying is.....Lex Christian is the favorite, followed by Pikeville, then Hazard, then Raceland......

 

I live in Murray, KY and know nothing abou these teams, and its just an objective opinion, so don't be mad at me..... :)

 

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I would also say that LCA is the favorite, Pikeville I would give a close second, and the two left that have a shot are Raceland and Hazard. Good job, for not being close to the situation.:thumb:

That is a pretty good for someone not familiar with the Class A teams around here.

Yeah, I have one thought. Mayfield better put on their BIG BOY BRITCHES if they want to have ANY success in the postseason. They have been stinking up the field the past two weeks and are in desperate need of some LEADERSHIP.

 

 

They have the leadership (a good group of seniors who take the game and tradition of Mayfield very seriously) but they can't do anything to the underclassmen that are spoiled and sometimes not coach able. The younger guys have been reading their paper clippings to much. You can talk till your face turns red but if they don't want to listen you can't make them.

JMO

Mayfield will be fine in the deep west, they should hit the playoffs with their core players back that have been out and will avenge their loss to Fulton City and do so eith authority. Crittenden Co. may be the most improved but they will also fall short against a more talented Mayfield. Mayfield will then have to travel to Frankfort where it looks to be a toss up at this point. Beechwood still looks to me to be the head and shoulders favorite. Out east I am betting on Lex Christian but I think Beechwood will have little problem beating them in the finals. Teams capable of taking down Beechwood would be Frankfort, Mayfield and Lex Christian. I don't think the others can though as pointed out Hazrd is a unknown and a win or close game with Lex Christian could get them on the lists.

Mayfield will be fine in the deep west, they should hit the playoffs with their core players back that have been out and will avenge their loss to Fulton City and do so eith authority. Crittenden Co. may be the most improved but they will also fall short against a more talented Mayfield. Mayfield will then have to travel to Frankfort where it looks to be a toss up at this point. Beechwood still looks to me to be the head and shoulders favorite. Out east I am betting on Lex Christian but I think Beechwood will have little problem beating them in the finals. Teams capable of taking down Beechwood would be Frankfort, Mayfield and Lex Christian. I don't think the others can though as pointed out Hazrd is a unknown and a win or close game with Lex Christian could get them on the lists.

 

I would love to agree, but what your saying is based on the assumption that we will be back to playing football like we did in weeks 1-6.....and right now I don't see that happening. Do I think Mayfield is a better football squad than Calloway and Fulton City, both of whom just spanked mayfield's bottom???? Absolutely, but we have to prove it on the field where it counts and we haven't been doing that. I will feel a lot better about things if we play these last two games with passion. If we finish the season 0-2......i don't know because that has never happened to Mayfield...but it wouldn't be good.

I would think Hazard is alot like Fulton City was up until last week..By saying that, I mean that neither team had played a very good schedule, but, FC made a statement that they are legit last week and after seeing them play, they really are. They dress more kids then I've seen from them ever and they have 3 or 4 stud players. The question with them is there line play against a big physical line. Hazard will also get its opportunity to show what there about and they could well be a strong contender to get to the finals, especially from the east side away from Beechwood, Frankfort, Mayfield and Fulton City...

 

I still feel it's a 3 team race though with the Beechies, Panthers and Cardinals in that order...

for the East, i don't know much so i am just going to give my objective opinion........

 

Hazard is 8-0 but I don't see a single team on thier schedule that appears to be really successful this year, so they are somewhat of a hard read. they might be legit, they might not. I don't know.

 

Lexington christian appears to be the front runner. They are 7-2 with their only losses coming to Corbin and Breathitt, which are two teams having awesome seasons. Their last game will be with the previously mentioned Hazard. I don't know if this game decides anything playoff wise, but it sure will give a big boost of momentum going into the postseason.

 

Raceland and Pikeville are the other two teams left that appear to be legit contenders. Raceland is 6-2 with losses coming to Lex Christian and EAST CARTER. Pikeville is 6-3 with their losses coming to Lex Cath, Belfry, and Prestonsburg, all of which are having great seasons also.

 

So i guess what im saying is.....Lex Christian is the favorite, followed by Pikeville, then Hazard, then Raceland......

 

I live in Murray, KY and know nothing abou these teams, and its just an objective opinion, so don't be mad at me..... :)

I think I'd have to give Raceland a slight edge over Hazard, & maybe a tie with Pikeville. I realize Pikeville has played some tough teams, but the majority of their schedule is soft (Allen Central, Betsy Layne, South Floyd, Phelps, etc...). As for Hazard, they're kind of in the same boat schedule-wise (Evarts, Phelps, Pineville, Jenkins, etc...). Their test will come against LCA.

 

Raceland's schedule is decent, & they will face a stern test against Russell Friday night. Should make for an interesting 1A playoff race...

Pikeville is another Class A team that had better put on their BIG Boy britches or they will get spanked.

for the East, i don't know much so i am just going to give my objective opinion........

 

Hazard is 8-0 but I don't see a single team on thier schedule that appears to be really successful this year, so they are somewhat of a hard read. they might be legit, they might not. I don't know.

 

Lexington christian appears to be the front runner. They are 7-2 with their only losses coming to Corbin and Breathitt, which are two teams having awesome seasons. Their last game will be with the previously mentioned Hazard. I don't know if this game decides anything playoff wise, but it sure will give a big boost of momentum going into the postseason.

 

Raceland and Pikeville are the other two teams left that appear to be legit contenders. Raceland is 6-2 with losses coming to Lex Christian and EAST CARTER. Pikeville is 6-3 with their losses coming to Lex Cath, Belfry, and Prestonsburg, all of which are having great seasons also.

 

So i guess what im saying is.....Lex Christian is the favorite, followed by Pikeville, then Hazard, then Raceland......

 

I live in Murray, KY and know nothing abou these teams, and its just an objective opinion, so don't be mad at me..... :)

 

I can't argue at all with your post/picks for the Eastern part of the State Power. You have made some very good points.

I might add another possible darkhorse in the mix and that would be Fairview. They have been having a pretty good season themselves and played LCA in suprisingly close football game last week.

I was not there but I do know that there were apparantly quite a few "questionable" calls/no calls.

At any rate imo Fairview imo could possibly be in the mix as well and if anyone overlooks them Fairview will beat them.

Pikeville is another Class A team that had better put on their BIG Boy britches or they will get spanked.

 

IMO that goes for any team, if a team does not show up to play each week then they will have an early exit.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.