Rich Brooks on Jim Rome...

98NCCalum

Gah guys, you act like UK is 0-4 instead of 4-0. Yes USC is really good but they also don't play a tough schedule either. I think UK could hang with them for a while, maybe not win but keep it close. Brooks even said in the paper that even though this team is ranked right now that it means nothing unless you're ranked at the end of the season and that, that's their goal. I think he is keeping this team from getting the big head, I mean yeah if I was a UK player I'd be excited right now, but there are still a lot of skeptics and if no one else has faith in UK at least Brooks does and that is what being a coach is all about, believing you're team can beat the best.

No reason to bring logic to this particular thread. As I stated earlier, what is Brooks supposed to say? "Yeah, we're a really nice mid-major team..." He has to exuberate confidence.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's funny to think that USC actually has a tough schedule they play soft teams. Yes so does UK and every other team but USC plays them week in and week out. UK plays FAU then #15 SC, #2 LSU, #3 Florida, then goes on to play Georgia, UT, Vandy and Miss. State. Man what a weak schedule UK faces.

How about this then, switch UK's schedule with USC's and who's got the better record at the end of the year. Without a doubt UK finishes with a better record than USC.

It's funny to think that USC actually has a tough schedule they play soft teams. Yes so does UK and every other team but USC plays them week in and week out. UK plays FAU then #15 SC, #2 LSU, #3 Florida, then goes on to play Georgia, UT, Vandy and Miss. State. Man what a weak schedule UK faces.

How about this then, switch UK's schedule with USC's and who's got the better record at the end of the year. Without a doubt UK finishes with a better record than USC.

Now now, give credit where credit is due. USC does play one top 10 team this season (oh yeah, UK has already beat a top 10 team this season).

I don't see what the big del is? KY is better than USC right?

I'm not trying to say they are or they aren't just saying that Brooks has to give his team confidence and say it nationally, nothing speaks louder then publicly saying that you're team is good enough to compete with the best.

Then I was just saying that UK plays a lot tougher schedule than USC and USC's record is a little inflated because of their schedule now. If you switch schedules then UK would end up with the better record that's all. :thumb:

let's look at this for real: (if UK were playing the below schdule, IMO)

09/01/07 vs. Idaho L.A. Coliseum, WIN

09/15/07 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb, WIN

09/22/07 vs. Washington State * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

09/29/07 at Washington * Seattle, WA, WIN

10/06/07 vs. Stanford * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

10/13/07 vs. Arizona * L.A. Coliseum , WIN

10/20/07 at Notre Dame South Bend, WIN

10/27/07 at Oregon * Eugene, OR, LOSS

11/03/07 vs. Oregon State * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

11/10/07 at Cal * Berkeley, CA, LOSS

11/22/07 at Arizona State * Tempe, AZ, LOSS

12/01/07 vs. UCLA * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

9-3, IMO...a great season, ending with a nice bowl game and a Top 20 finish...