Rich Brooks on Jim Rome...

98NCCalum

I did not hear the interview, so I cannot speak to how he meant to answer.

But, how is one supposed to respond to the question, "Is there anyone in the SEC that can beat SEC."

"Umm, no. Maybe LSU and on a good day Florida. USC is head and shoulders above us all. UK would have no shot."

I know that answer (while it is probably the truth), would not fly at all.

USC is not head and shoulders above us all. I hope and pray that we get our shot at the Trojans this year now quite likely it will not happen but if we are undefeated going into our final four games we will play for it all. And you know what I mean.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to this week's Gold Sheet, using power ratings and home field advantage points, USC would be an 8-point favorite at Kentucky. We all know what happened to the last team that came into Lexington favored by that margin...You brainiacs laugh at Brooks all you want, he is undefeated and ranked #14 in the land...

What's that saying about a blind squirrel?

Please, please UK fans. Don't make this as bad as basketball season. I enjoy football because the fans aren't arrogant and unrealistic, just usually supportive. PLEASE STOP!!! I really want to like UK football, REALLY!!!

I believe that he was trying to do this......:thumb:

I think that he realizes that Uk has the toughest part of their schedule coming up and that he is trying to instill some confidence in them.

I agree and hope this was what Coach Brooks was doing. Players feed off the energy of their coach and I'm presuming, he was attempting to motivate them and offer how proud he is, of the team. Now, I'm sure most would admit, they chuckled when they heard that.

UK is having a great start but surely no one and I mean no one, really believes that UK could/would compete against USC this year.....let's be realistic.

Nonetheless, Brooks is always entertaining to listen to. I thought his comment to a reporter, about not being a parent was funny, during an interview this week.

I'd say its been stretched into much more than what he said. Not a hard concept to grasp.

I heard exactly what he said, and it has not been stretched here at all. He flat out said the SEC had 4 USC type teams in the conference. He then used Arkansas, Auburn, UT and even UK as those type teams behind LSU and Florida. Rome tried to save him from it several times and he held firm. It was just as bad, if not worse, than it's being portrayed here. Did you hear it???

I heard exactly what he said, and it has not been stretched here at all. He flat out said the SEC had 4 USC type teams in the conference. He then used Arkansas, Auburn, UT and even UK as those type teams behind LSU and Florida. Rome tried to save him from it several times and he held firm. It was just as bad, if not worse, than it's being portrayed here. Did you hear it???

No and now that I think about it, I could really care less.

Gah guys, you act like UK is 0-4 instead of 4-0. Yes USC is really good but they also don't play a tough schedule either. I think UK could hang with them for a while, maybe not win but keep it close. Brooks even said in the paper that even though this team is ranked right now that it means nothing unless you're ranked at the end of the season and that, that's their goal. I think he is keeping this team from getting the big head, I mean yeah if I was a UK player I'd be excited right now, but there are still a lot of skeptics and if no one else has faith in UK at least Brooks does and that is what being a coach is all about, believing you're team can beat the best.