Rich Brooks on Jim Rome...

98NCCalum

Did he say 'we are the best team in the country' are we putting words in his mouth. Sounds like he showed a lot of confidence in them and the strength of his conference. I think he is wrong and that I only see 2 SEC teams that could be considered possible favorites if they played USC (UF and LSU), but I don't see anything wrong with his vote of confidence in his team.

Didn't say he said it, I said that phrase appears that he's acting like it. You have your opinion and I have mine... And mine is not changing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shirley no one is arguing that, besides LSU and Florida, there is another team in the SEC that could beat USC...That's ludicrous...

Of course there's the, any given Saturday argument, that's obvious. With everyone at their best, LSU and Florida's it...

Personally, I would exclude Florida. With everyone at their best, USC and LSU seem to be a notch above the rest.

According to this week's Gold Sheet, using power ratings and home field advantage points, USC would be an 8-point favorite at Kentucky. We all know what happened to the last team that came into Lexington favored by that margin...You brainiacs laugh at Brooks all you want, he is undefeated and ranked #14 in the land...

They showed the Jim Rome is Burning show again just minutes ago with Rich Brooks on it. Rich Brooks never said that he was a "USC" caliber team, all he said was that he has the chance to be on the same level as the USC's. He thinks that LSU is the best team America and it's hard not to agree with that. He also mentioned that the SEC has teams year in and year out that are above the level of USC. Rich Brooks brought up Auburn's undefeated season a couple of years ago, Florida winning it all last year, LSU winning it all a couple of years ago. He didn't make himself look dumb but he did want to make the point that the SEC is the best conference in America.

No, but UK would have a chance to win in Lexington. 14th ranked teams beat higher rated teams every single year, so it would not be a total shock at all...

I was laughing at the fact that Brooks said UK is better than USC...That IS funny...Congrats, you're 4-0 on your way to an awesome season, but to say you'd beat the #1 team in the country...Come on.

I was laughing at the fact that Brooks said UK is better than USC...That IS funny...Congrats, you're 4-0 on your way to an awesome season, but to say you'd beat the #1 team in the country...Come on.

See the post above yours...Brooks is no dummy...again, USC lost 2 conference games last year and won 3 others by a TD or less...you guys are buying into all the hype and acting like they are a mid-level NFL team...look at the post above yours and everything Brooks said is true...

They showed the Jim Rome is Burning show again just minutes ago with Rich Brooks on it. Rich Brooks never said that he was a "USC" caliber team, all he said was that he has the chance to be on the same level as the USC's. He thinks that LSU is the best team America and it's hard not to agree with that. He also mentioned that the SEC has teams year in and year out that are above the level of USC. Rich Brooks brought up Auburn's undefeated season a couple of years ago, Florida winning it all last year, LSU winning it all a couple of years ago. He didn't make himself look dumb but he did want to make the point that the SEC is the best conference in America.

Rich Brooks was on the radio show earlier...and THEN on the TV show....it was said...no biggie, but it was said.