Rich Brooks on Jim Rome...

98NCCalum

This whole UK/USC thing is ridiculous...Brooks really stuck his foot in his mouth...

UK has had ONE guy (Dewayne Robertson) drafted in the 1st-3rd rounds of the NFL draft since Tim Couch....USC has a half dozen go every year. USC is WAY more talented....End of Story.

The Cats are making strides but are NOT elite yet....just enjoy the success.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

September 1 Eastern Kentucky - WIN

September 8 Kent State -WIN

September 15 No. 9 Louisville -WIN

September 22 at Arkansas -WIN

September 29 Florida Atlantic -WIN

October 4 at No. 16 South Carolina -WIN

October 13 No. 2 LSU -LOSS

October 20 No. 4 Florida -WIN

October 27 Mississippi State -WIN

November 10 at Vanderbilt -WIN

November 17 at No. 15 Georgia -WIN

November 24 Tennessee -WIN

BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

As of the time of this post, this is still realistic.

I'm just kidding around guys. Just having a little fun. Just pulling your chains. UK isn't USC.

I will say that you never know on a given Sat. If Appy State can go in the Big House then I wouldn't ever say never. USC has been the top program in the country the last 5 years (nobody has more wins anyways). It is pretty amazing what Carroll has done there. I don't think he would have that kind of success in the SEC week in week out but he's in the Pac so it doesn't really matter. Could UK beat USC.... Yes, do I wish Brooks hadn't said that.... Yes. It's all good though, I'm glad he can have that confidence in his team and I'm very proud of what the Cats have done thus far.

let's look at this for real: (if UK were playing the below schdule, IMO)

09/01/07 vs. Idaho L.A. Coliseum, WIN

09/15/07 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb, WIN

09/22/07 vs. Washington State * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

09/29/07 at Washington * Seattle, WA, WIN

10/06/07 vs. Stanford * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

10/13/07 vs. Arizona * L.A. Coliseum , WIN

10/20/07 at Notre Dame South Bend, WIN

10/27/07 at Oregon * Eugene, OR, LOSS

11/03/07 vs. Oregon State * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

11/10/07 at Cal * Berkeley, CA, LOSS

11/22/07 at Arizona State * Tempe, AZ, LOSS

12/01/07 vs. UCLA * L.A. Coliseum, WIN

9-3, IMO...a great season, ending with a nice bowl game and a Top 20 finish...

The thought of a Louisville fan saying they think KY would beat Nebraska and Notre Dame in the same year brings a smile to my face. I know ND is awful and Nebraska isn't Nebraska but I don't care. I've suffered many years following the Cats. That thought makes my night:) Thanks RP!

I couldn't stop laughing. He even tried to pass off Arkansas even though USC beat them by about 60 last year... :lol:

I am not saying Brooks is right about his comments. I think they were a little off, but USC beat Arkansas by 60 LAST YEAR! That has nothing to do with this season. In case you haven't noticed a lot has changed in Arkansas since LAST YEAR!

I am not saying Brooks is right about his comments. I think they were a little off, but USC beat Arkansas by 60 LAST YEAR! That has nothing to do with this season. In case you haven't noticed a lot has changed in Arkansas since LAST YEAR!

Brooks is the one that brought up last year when comparing the two....

BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

I guess this is ur predicition of what would happen if USC had UK's schedule? And well I think your wrong on this one, because this schedule would actually set up nice for USC. Because they would get UL, LSU, Florida, and Tennessee at home, and well USC just never loses at home...LSU and USC are pretty even, but I dont think LSU would beat USC at USC...

It's funny to think that USC actually has a tough schedule they play soft teams. Yes so does UK and every other team but USC plays them week in and week out. UK plays FAU then #15 SC, #2 LSU, #3 Florida, then goes on to play Georgia, UT, Vandy and Miss. State. Man what a weak schedule UK faces.

How about this then, switch UK's schedule with USC's and who's got the better record at the end of the year. Without a doubt UK finishes with a better record than USC.

USC plays Nebreska, Oregon, California, Arizona State, rival in UCLA and even Washington this year is pretty decent...I am a UK and SEC fan, but to act like USC doesn't play anybody is a joke. Yeah I would give UK a SLIGHT edge on strength of schedule, but its no wide margin at all..

Also if you put UK against USC schedule, I dont know if we dont have a better record. Oregon would be a very tough game for us with that spread offense they run. We have a very tough time stopping any spread offense. Then California who is alot like Louisville with a great offense, but with an actual decent defense unlike UL and it would be at California. So that is two realistic losses for UK. Playing at Nebreska is not a definite win either for UK. Then also at Arizona State who is a pretty darn good team this year as well, is another game UK very well might just lose...Just about all the toughest games UK would have with USC schedule would be on the road...While all the toughest games USC would have with our schedule would be at their home field, where they just dont lose at...

Yeah I think we could play with USC, and who knows we could possibly pull of an upset..But lets not fool ourselves, we are not in USC's league yet at all...

(On a side note, I do see where Brooks might have said this, because with LSU, and UF coming up you want to get your team to believe that they can beat ANY team in the country.)

What's that saying about a blind squirrel?

Please, please UK fans. Don't make this as bad as basketball season. I enjoy football because the fans aren't arrogant and unrealistic, just usually supportive. PLEASE STOP!!! I really want to like UK football, REALLY!!!

If you really want to like UK football you will. UK fans are going to enjoy the season and drown out the noise of the naysayers.

What part of 14th in the country are you failing to grasp??? :confused:

Nobody is saying UK is in the hunt for the NC like the extremely overzealous (unranked) UL fans did for months.

UK can play with anybody...deal with it...does that mean they won't take their lumps in the SEC? Does it mean we are looking to win the NC? Of course not. :rolleyes: