98NCCalum

Rich Brooks on Jim Rome...

If Coach Brooks made that statement, he's trying to get him team to believe in themselves and play one game at a time.....or, he was saying the later in jest.

I like a coach, who believes in his team and can overextend their potential.

I believe that he was trying to do this......:thumb:

I think that he realizes that Uk has the toughest part of their schedule coming up and that he is trying to instill some confidence in them.

See the post above yours...Brooks is no dummy...again, USC lost 2 conference games last year and won 3 others by a TD or less...you guys are buying into all the hype and acting like they are a mid-level NFL team...look at the post above yours and everything Brooks said is true...

If you say so...

What position do you play? Or are you a coach?

Oh come on, give the guy a break. Nobody says "The University of Kentucky Wildcats" every time they open their mouth (or in this case type) :p

I believe if UK would play USC during the season and it was at UK, that UK might be able to win it or go down to the wire..Every year USC has games that they should win, but goes down to the wire. Last year they had two games Oregon State and UCLA that they were better than, but actually lost. Even during Leinhart, and Bush senior seasons they had a couple of games that went down to the wire. So I mean I think UK could play with them during the season...However if we saw them in a bowl game with USC having a month to prepare, I dont think it would even be close...

Brooks has done a good job, but give me a break.....the Cats beat EKU and Kent State, a UofL team that can't stop anybody, and an Arkansas team that was overrated last year and is a two man machine.....take a few odd-ball plays out and the Cats are 2-2 with half the people on here calling for the University to "Ditch Mitch and Rich".

I am as excited as anyone for the success this year, but don't let the hoopla start messing with reality. USC would beat UK by 3 or 4 TDs whether the game was in Cali, Kentucky, or Mexico....

If Coach Brooks made that statement, he's trying to get him team to believe in themselves and play one game at a time.....or, he was saying the later in jest.

I like a coach, who believes in his team and can overextend their potential.

:thumb: I agree. Getting the players to believe in themselves has been a huge roadblock for Kentucky football in the past. Brooks has done an outstanding job of making them believe anything is possible if you are willing to work for it and it seems this Cats team has responded well.

Rich Brooks was on the radio show earlier...and THEN on the TV show....it was said...no biggie, but it was said.

:thumb:

Man I know if UL posters had said before the year started, or even last year, that the Cards were better than USC, this place would have been a madhouse....

Man I know if UL posters had said before the year started, or even last year, that the Cards were better than USC, this place would have been a madhouse....

That's pure speculation 2...:sssh:

I don't find it a big deal that he said it, but it's absurd to try and defend it as being accurate. Let it rest...

...and it would have been absurd to say U of L was better as well.

As of now, there is only one team in the argument as being better than USC, and everyone knows who it is.

Does that mean they can't be beat? No. They could very well lose a game or two with their schedule...you just never know. But, from what we've got to go on right now...a roster of high school studs and a convincing win @ Nebraska, there isn't enough evidence to claim anything but USC and LSU being the top 2 teams.

Brooks made a stupid comment. Coaches do it all the time when talking about other teams (and their own)...that in and of itself is fine by me and no big deal. The craziness is people trying support the statement. Sure, on any given week UK could pull an upset and of course Brooks is going to say his team can beat anyone...I would expect nothing less from my coach...but please, let's be realistic here.

The odds are much more likely USC would roll into Commonwealth and trounce us like they did Arkansas last year, than UK pulling an upset.

Hopefully, we'll get to play the Trojans on a neutral field next year...January 8th would be nice...:sleep: My teacher always told me, "If you're gonna dream, dream big."

They showed the Jim Rome is Burning show again just minutes ago with Rich Brooks on it. Rich Brooks never said that he was a "USC" caliber team, all he said was that he has the chance to be on the same level as the USC's. He thinks that LSU is the best team America and it's hard not to agree with that. He also mentioned that the SEC has teams year in and year out that are above the level of USC. Rich Brooks brought up Auburn's undefeated season a couple of years ago, Florida winning it all last year, LSU winning it all a couple of years ago. He didn't make himself look dumb but he did want to make the point that the SEC is the best conference in America.

It is funny how what he actually said gets distorted. I heard the show and I could not understand how what he said correlated to what people on this thread were talking about.

I thought I missed part of it...

It is funny how what he actually said gets distorted. I heard the show and I could not understand how what he said correlated to what people on this thread were talking about.

I thought I missed part of it...

Again...he was on the radio show...and said that UK was "a USC" in the SEC....he was then on the TV show...and it didn't come out that way on there...no harm no foul.

Uk could beat USC, teams do have off nights. However, USC would need to have one heck of an off night for Kentucky to beat with them. 99.9 percent of the time USC would beat us by two TD's in my opinion.

I love UK as much as the next but they arent on the same level as USC and we surely arent better than them. If that were the case, UK would have that little tiny 1 beside their names rather than the 14. I could understand this argument if we were a top 5 team, but not ranked 14th.

Yeah because you UL supporters probably would have actually believed it, and would say how your nasty defense would stop USC..:sssh: :p:D

Mostly everyone of the UK posters on here actually have even been saying still that USC is a better team that UK...:thumb: