Posting threads vs Harmful to you team

BigCat2112

A few random thoughts:

1. Just like CoachJ is here, there are lots of coaches on BGP so you never know who you are talking to or how much they know.

2. I have had coaches tell me they have picked up more on BGP about their opponent than they got from their scouts. LOL

3. BGP is not for kids, BGP is for an adult exchange of thoughts and ideas. The minimum age to join BGP is 16 and that could increase to 18 in the future.

4. Any school that is going to be thorough and complete needs to monitor BGP.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few random thoughts:

1. Just like CoachJ is here, there are lots of coaches on BGP so you never know who you are talking to or how much they know.

2. I have had coaches tell me they have picked up more on BGP about their opponent than they got from their scouts. LOL

3. BGP is not for kids, BGP is for an adult exchange of thoughts and ideas. The minimum age to join BGP is 16 and that could increase to 18 in the future.

4. Any school that is going to be thorough and complete needs to monitor BGP.

That's funny...

You should never post insider information. For example, just this season, I knew that Cam Cornett would be returning to play for North Laurel at the LCC game from his father. I did not post it as he was their best receiver last year and noone seemed to know when he was going to come back so why give the opposition information the coaches did not want them to have?

BTW, I LOVE the 'inside info' that Belfry is going to run the ball!! Priceless!!!

I would be 1000% in favor of this!

I don't know, I think 16 is fine. Tell me why we shouldn't allow kids on here. I'm willing to listen, but as far as I'm concerned without them we don't have much to talk about so why not let them be apart of it. Most kids only read our posts anyway. I know for a fact that the kids are just as proud of being mentioned on BGP as they are in the local paper.

OK, ATTENTION ALL AND ANY COACHES:

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF MY SENSLESS BABBLE. I AM ON HERE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY! I HAVE BECOME QUITE ADDICTED. This is just a place for all of us aging sports fanatics to come and still have some water cooler fodder. If anyone takes this for any more than that, you are misusing this site.

I don't know, I think 16 is fine. Tell me why we shouldn't allow kids on here. I'm willing to listen, but as far as I'm concerned without them we don't have much to talk about so why not let them be apart of it. Most kids only read our posts anyway. I know for a fact that the kids are just as proud of being mentioned on BGP as they are in the local paper.

That is why we haven't raised the age. We want mature juniors and seniors to be able to join in our adult exchanges but they have to tow the line.

Look, with this day and age of the internet, everybody is exposed. I live in Northern Kentucky and I wouldn't know half of the things that go on around the state if it wasn't for BGP. Fans are usually quick to display their happiness or discontent with the X's and O's that are displayed on Friday night by their favorite team. To me though, that stuff isn't nothing the coaches are not going to see on film.

I would like to use an example of job openings and the Henderson County situation. All the Coaches that applied for that job had their names all over this website due to some "leaks" in Henderson. When a few coaches had applied and did not get the job, they had to explain to their players and the school administration why they did apply, feeling that they had lost the trust of the players and administration. The internet is a deadly thing sometimes to your confidentialty if you are in the coaching bussiness and that is just the risk you take these days with the internet and the information age

just a thought.

While I guess that some threads could give a small hint to a how a team plays, strengths/weakness, or injuries; I would guess that most coaches have a game plan worked out well in advance of something that they would see here.

I think BGP is one of the best sights on the net for discussion of sports in general. I would also think that coaches read this to see what the general public thinks of what is happening with their teams. Hopefully all of it will be positive (or lead to positive results).

Could it be harmful to a team? Possibly, but I don't think anything outside of posting a playbook could really deter a team in Ky High from winning on any given Friday night.

I know for a fact that nearly every school in NKY has at least one representative on here if not more, why is that? Probably because the kids, who this site is for and about, all read the things posted on here. I believe with all my heart that a team can be hurt mentally on here by rivals, fans or haters that post derogatory comments about a schools program or team. If you repeatedly say something loud enough without opposition it doesn't take long until everyone starts to believe that it's true.

That's why I joined, that and my love for HS football of course.:D

I don't think that has EVER happened on here, has it? It seems there is always someone to take an opposite viewpoint and to challenge posts.