Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Posting threads vs Harmful to you team

Featured Replies

You could be inadvertently pointing out clues, on how to beat the team your son plays on.:confused:

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be inadvertently pointing out clues, on how to beat the team your son plays on.:confused:
Members can discuss the games, even talk about the elite players, tendencies and strengths but in HS football, it still comes down to execution of the game plan and stopping the other guy.

 

Coaches watch films, run certain defensive coverages and change plans, but it still boils down to, who is getting the job done that night.

 

I don't think there are many secrets, in HS football. Many of your top programs, are extremely well coached and understand their weekly opponent, very well.

  • Author
You could be inadvertently pointing out clues, on how to beat the team your son plays on.:confused:
Just something I was told by coach.

If coaches are looking at threads on BGP on how to beat their opponents, they are wasting their time....

I only post things that everyone, who follows football in the area, knows. I don't give insider information. I also make generalized comments, not specifics. Strike3 is right the opposing coaches know what a given team is going to do, they have game film of every team and know their offense and defense, and know who their big players are and what their weakness are, it is no secret, you just have to execute your plan better then the other team.

 

If I told you that Raceland was going to pass 60% of the time this week and run 40% of the time, that would not be a surprise to anyone who has seen Raceland play this year. Or if I told you that Russell was going to run the ball 95% of time this week, that would surprise anyone. These are well known facts and the opposing teams know these things. No big surprise.

 

I good general rule is don't post anything that a coach has not made public, and don't post anything about what you may know about the game plan for that team, like if the first 15 plays are scripted runs with a pass on first down only.

 

You are not hurting your team by talking about things that everyone already knows.

I only post things that everyone, who follows football in the area, knows. I don't give insider information. I also make generalized comments, not specifics. Strike3 is right the opposing coaches know what a given team is going to do, they have game film of every team and know their offense and defense, and know who their big players are and what their weakness are, it is no secret, you just have to execute your plan better then the other team.

 

If I told you that Raceland was going to pass 60% of the time this week and run 40% of the time, that would not be a surprise to anyone who has seen Raceland play this year. Or if I told you that Russell was going to run the ball 95% of time this week, that would surprise anyone. These are well known facts and the opposing teams know these things. No big surprise.

 

I good general rule is don't post anything that a coach has not made public, and don't post anything about what you may know about the game plan for that team, like if the first 15 plays are scripted runs with a pass on first down only.

 

You are not hurting your team by talking about things that everyone already knows.

 

I completely agree. Most of the people who post on BGP keep the "juicy" information private, and let's face it, there aren't that many people here on BGP who are privy to decisive information regarding team strengths and weaknesses (certainly not me)!

 

This thread touches on a good subject... with high school sports, where we're talking about amateur athletes who are 15-18 years old and "part-time" coaches who are also teachers, talking about your favorite team is a lot different than talking about your favorite NFL squad... everyone should mind what they say, and on BGP people seem to do a very good job of this (and for those who weren't on this site a few years back, I was guilty of crossing the line regarding the coaching at my favorite school... but I've learned my lesson and I'm doing MUCH better now!!!!). :D

I completely agree. Most of the people who post on BGP keep the "juicy" information private, and let's face it, there aren't that many people here on BGP who are privy to decisive information regarding team strengths and weaknesses (certainly not me)!

 

Don't count on it, jb. ;) You never know who you are talking to on BGP.

Don't count on it, jb. ;) You never know who you are talking to on BGP.
....:thumb: Still boils down to being better than the other team, on both sides of the ball.

 

Now if the information is....

 

Coach said we're going to on-side kick, to start the game....or

We're going to fake an extra-point, then a toss-pitch sweep for 2....or

We've put in the double-reverse on kickoffs but #20 will keep it always....

 

Then you may have a scoop but you still have to stop the actions, of the other team.

Don't count on it, jb. ;) You never know who you are talking to on BGP.

 

Dale, is that you Dale?!?!? :eek:

I know for a fact that nearly every school in NKY has at least one representative on here if not more, why is that? Probably because the kids, who this site is for and about, all read the things posted on here. I believe with all my heart that a team can be hurt mentally on here by rivals, fans or haters that post derogatory comments about a schools program or team. If you repeatedly say something loud enough without opposition it doesn't take long until everyone starts to believe that it's true.

That's why I joined, that and my love for HS football of course.:D

Belfry is going to run the ball. :sssh:

Let's are remember, we are a Sports discussion site. Members join and have excellent information, insight and topics to discuss. Fans could talk to anyone and get game related strategies, tendencies and potential game schemes.

 

Also, before this thread travels off the path of the original question, let's keep in mind all the Rules and specifically....Rule #12

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have such a complaint, you need to send me an email at [email protected] and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the problem. Your opinion matters to me. When a moderator warns of possible rules violations, do not ignore the warning and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules will result in your suspension.

I know for a fact that nearly every school in NKY has at least one representative on here if not more, why is that? Probably because the kids, who this site is for and about, all read the things posted on here. I believe with all my heart that a team can be hurt mentally on here by rivals, fans or haters that post derogatory comments about a schools program or team. If you repeatedly say something loud enough without opposition it doesn't take long until everyone starts to believe that it's true.

That's why I joined, that and my love for HS football of course.:D

 

All true. That is one of the reasons that I joined, I didn't think Raceland had a loud enough voice, and a lot of what I post if for the players not for the other posters.

If coaches are looking at threads on BGP on how to beat their opponents, they are wasting their time....

 

Only speaking for myself and the few coaches I know...we're not coming on here to learn what other teams are doing (why would a fan of an opponent post something LEGITIMATE that would help us?). We're on here to MONITOR what our KIDS might be saying that they shouldn't (fortunately, our kids don't really post on this site...but OTHER sites,:rolleyes:).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.