Posting threads vs Harmful to you team

BigCat2112

W/ all due respect. If you need a posting on BGP to get fired up to play....let's just say that you are not ready to play.

I wasn't saying using post for the teams, I was saying spinning things a certain way, down playing injuries, heading posts off, and not disclosing all the facts. Spinning.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Members can discuss the games, even talk about the elite players, tendencies and strengths but in HS football, it still comes down to execution of the game plan and stopping the other guy.

Coaches watch films, run certain defensive coverages and change plans, but it still boils down to, who is getting the job done that night.

I don't think there are many secrets, in HS football. Many of your top programs, are extremely well coached and understand their weekly opponent, very well.

Bravo strike 3!!! I'm quite sure coaches and players get their info from film,scouting,etc. and not from message boards like this.Blogs like this at best will create bulletin board material.Using this material in game planning would also imply any of us BGP'ers knew what we were talking about.:lol::lol::lol:

I know for a fact that nearly every school in NKY has at least one representative on here if not more, why is that? Probably because the kids, who this site is for and about, all read the things posted on here. I believe with all my heart that a team can be hurt mentally on here by rivals, fans or haters that post derogatory comments about a schools program or team. If you repeatedly say something loud enough without opposition it doesn't take long until everyone starts to believe that it's true.

That's why I joined, that and my love for HS football of course.:D

First of all, I am pretty sure that Head Coaches throughout Kentucky tell their players not to pay attention to bloggers when it comes to their football team. And if they do read the blogs to understand that they are usually parents or good ole boys who like to sit around the campfire and tell stories. If a team has players that are not mentally tough enough to take some criticism either constructive or not that team has way more problems than the bloggers posts. Now if you are talking about junior high I could understand but High School players should be mature enough to handle it!!!! If anything I think the bloggers who post negative comments give great lockeroom material that the coaches can use to motivate their team. The old US against the world addage!!!:thumb:

I know coaches do use overconfident supporters of other teams as bulletin board material to get players fired up. Don't see any harm in it, and it's kinda like your parents ranting at you; you tend not to listen to the coaches sometimes. If you can show them what other people are saying it hits home a little more. Any small advantage you can gain is worth the try.

As some of my fellow Highlands fans can attest :lol: I think posts on here can be damaging. Those critical of their program's coaches and players can undermine confidence and create dissension.

Talk about injuries can provide some info not otherwise available to the other team. Knowing whom will not play is critical info.

I was VERY impressed that, before last year's playoff game with CovCath, not one CovCath fan posted anything about Castanada not being able to play due to an injury. The Highlands coaches did not know he was not playing. I have to believe that if they had known such, their pre game stategy would have been different.

To the extent that people doubt that what gets said on here "matters", I know that Mueller specifically tells the players not to talk about certain things with any non player, specifically including their parents. I'm sure its because Dale does not want that info posted on this site and others.

I think this is a very interesting thread. I don't think players and coaches pay that close attention to these posts, but it can be motivational in some instances. I have no doubt that players mentioned playing/not playing can have an impact on preparation. I assume that most coaches troll the threads just to see what the fans are saying. It could be a wake up call in some instances.

:thumb:

I think this is a very interesting thread. I don't think players and coaches pay that close attention to these posts, but it can be motivational in some instances. I have no doubt that players mentioned playing/not playing can have an impact on preparation. I assume that most coaches troll the threads just to see what the fans are saying. It could be a wake up call in some instances.

:thumb::thumb: