Beechwood vs. Covington Catholic

Surf Fisherman

Who's coming out on top?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who's coming out on top?

I expect Beechwood to win this in a close, hard fought low-scoring game. I was impressed with CovCath's effort and defense against Highlands but also believe the physicalness and emotion of a game like that takes it toll on them (along with some injuries that hurt them) while Beechwood has been on cruise control against lesser competition for the past few and upcoming weeks so they have the opportunity to come in a more rested and ready for this neighborhood showdown (and no subsequent meaningful challenges in their district) although they will have to gear back up to this level of intensity and competition. In the end, not quite enough offense for CovCath against a good Beechwood defense and Beechwood gets a couple of big plays out of their QB and/or perhaps Bankemper (RB) to win. In fact, it wouldn't be surprising for this to be somewhat like the Dixie/Beechwood game in that respect. Beechwood uses this one to gauge its status and prepare itself for the later rounds of its playoff romp this year. CovCath probably needs this one if it hopes to get 3 wins against its brutal schedule this year and a win over its neighborhood rivals would salvage something for them for the year.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree this will be a battle. Hungry Colonels against a good Beechwood team. If CCH offensive play calling stays as conservative as it did against HHS, I go with Beechwood 14-7. If Coach Brossart opens it up, I take the Colonels 28-14.

Lets see, go to Murray State University to visit my daughter who I haven't seen in a month and a half for parents weekend, or go to the first night game in the history at CovCath? Decisions, decisions.......Got to go to MSU to see the daughter, not even close, sorry Colonel family! Go Colonels beat the Tigers, but it will be hard to root against one of the nicest kids and his family (Chris and Joy), that I have had the pleasure to meet....Go Cody......

Well, on paper I'd have to go with Beechwood. But with Coach Brossart being a Beechwood alum, he's telling his CCH boys exactly what the other team is thinking about them(he knows from experience) and that will get 'em fired up. And include the first night game, and senior night, emotions will be high and this Colonel will never count out the Colonels, especially with that "with a spirt, that will not die!" attitude. Plus, this senior class is going for the unheard of 4 game sweep of the Beechies. So let's keep the streak alive, and here's to a hard fought injury free game. I'm taking the Colonels!! Good luck Beechwood and CCH.