UL Player "Greeting" UK Fans

Cdirty107

You're just continuing to rationalize bad behavior Sticky. I don't care if they are drunk and can't control themselves. Actually I do care. If they are drunk, they should be thrown out of the stadium. I tailgate before lots of high school games, including before we play our toughest rival. Sometimes for hours :D. I've never even thought of harassing or cursing a CovCath player. Furthermore the fact the college players are no longer living with their parents is meaningful how? I won't go to the Bengals games any more because of the drunks yelling and shouting obscenities. And they think they are being good fans which is amazing to me. Usually just a bunch of fat guys trying go "re-live" their never were football days.

As to your last point, I agree that the player shouldn't have reacted the way he did. Then again, if my fellow UK fans had acted like adults, and not clowns, we'd never be dealing with that issue, now would we?

If you threw all the drunk people out of Commonwealth Stadium, all that would be left would be little kids and a couple tumbleweeds blowing around...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're just continuing to rationalize bad behavior Sticky. I don't care if they are drunk and can't control themselves. Actually I do care. If they are drunk, they should be thrown out of the stadium. I tailgate before lots of high school games, including before we play our toughest rival. Sometimes for hours :D. I've never even thought of harassing or cursing a CovCath player. Furthermore the fact the college players are no longer living with their parents is meaningful how? I won't go to the Bengals games any more because of the drunks yelling and shouting obscenities. And they think they are being good fans which is amazing to me. Usually just a bunch of fat guys trying go "re-live" their never were football days.

As to your last point, I agree that the player shouldn't have reacted the way he did. Then again, if my fellow UK fans had acted like adults, and not clowns, we'd never be dealing with that issue, now would we?

Who said anything about CovCath? :D

That's how it is, period. I've been to college games at UK, UL, UC, UT, USC, Miami, UD, OSU and that's how it is. I'm not condoning it, I'm not a part of it and like you, I've never thought about doing it. That's just how it is. Sorry if you're not happy about it. I even watched TMC students berate an entire Hanover team from start to finish from the hill.

BTW, you're comparing yourself to college students (and UK die-hards). You'd come out on top every time...at least almost every time...;)

Another thing, no one knows what the fans were yelling at them (although we can speculate pretty easily), but EVERYONE knows what the player was 'saying'...

I do not approve of this nonverbal communication. I would guess that the U of L coach(s) have talked to the players about such behavor, its reflection and its consequeces. Having said that, I would just view it as a college football player getting ready to take the field in a big time rivalry game. With all the enthusiasm before, and at game time, its hard to control emotions..... Not an excuse, but a touch of reality. I think of the picture as a player getting ready to go to war against the Big Blue Nation. I think he wanted to express his thanks for the warm welcome he was receiving. Really, a classless act. Its over and does not deserve further waste of electons. Im pretty sure that this will not be the last photo we see of such communication in college football this year.....

If you guys think that Commonwealth Stadium is the only place with drunks that heckle the opposing players, you've not been to many stadiums. Every single stadium I've been to has had fans taunting the opposition. Should they do it, no. I don't believe that's the issue at hand, the issue is how the UL player dealt with it.

Im a UK fan and have 0 problem with it. I kinda laughed actually. Maybe I just have thicker skin then others but thats just me.

I would have a problem with a UK player doing that! When you put on that uniform you represent the university and that's not how you should do it!

You really got me there. I have no idea what you are going to wear to work tomorrow. :thumb:

Back to the issue at hand...

Classless move, period. Any defense of it is laughable. I'd say that Coach K will handle it "internally", like he did Spillman.

I think the defense that U of L put on the field was alittle more laughable than defense of this players actions.:sssh: